May 2013 Weddings
Options

Feeling better about the budget

So FI and I sat down last night and went over the budget for the wedding, honeymoon and some other NWR items we are trying to have accomplished between now and next summer. We also calculated the savings we're putting away each month and anticipated "bonus" and tax return money and we are waaaaay further ahead than we thought we were going to be. Not only will we be able to achieve the wedding, honeymoon, xmas, anniversary cruise in Nov, and some house related stuff, but we will also be growing our savings in the process.

Its a great feeling and Im a bit more relieved that we'll be able to accomplish everything we're setting out to do. I know I've been venting about the budget lately, so I thought Id share the good news!
May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Feeling better about the budget

• Options
    I bet that's a huge load off your shoulders!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's great. I've been feeling the stress of money as well... I think it's time for FI and I to sit down and look at our finances as well. I'm sure we will be ok, especially with tax money going toward the HM, but I still freak out easily over money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_feeling-better-about-the-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:b6e85b42-0f38-433f-bf15-444c8e7e918fPost:06539b11-2150-4636-bd37-064746460a13">Re: Feeling better about the budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great. I've been feeling the stress of money as well... I think it's time for FI and I to sit down and look at our finances as well. I'm sure we will be ok, especially with tax money going toward the HM, but I still freak out easily over money.
    Posted by TogetherPerfect[/QUOTE]

I think what makes it particularly hard is that because we don't have the cash in hand or know the exact dollar amount (taxes, for example) we're "hoping" and "anticipating" an amount we are assuming. And its that uncertainty that makes me nervous.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That has to be a great feeling ! We are anticipting taxes as well to pay for the food and honeymoon. Im praying I get this second job i interviewed for yesterday !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    We're going through the same thing.  I'm working as much as I can without jeopardizing my grades in the process so that we can afford all the costs that come with moving and getting our own apartment.  Plus whatever stuff comes up we have to pay for before his physician assistant program starts.  

Finances are such a stressful topic sometimes, but it's great that you and your FI are ahead on everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Awesome!!!!
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That's great!  We've certainly had our budget woes, but things are looking good right now too.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards