Military Brides

How do I name FI in Invite?

I have looked all over and asked several people and keep getting different answers. 
should invite have Fi name, then underneath "Lieutenant Commander, United States Navy"

Or do I address his title in front.  One website said Captian or above you put the title in front, ranked below you put it underneath.  No one seems to know for sure.  

BTW, sorry about the username.  Knot won't let me change it now.

Re: How do I name FI in Invite?

• kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't really research it, I probably should have, but when aI did our STDS I put "Corporal FI"

By the time we're married he'll be an officer, so I was going to put "2nd Lieutent FI" on the invites...but I'll probably look it up then. He won't be a 2nd L by the time I send otu invites...but he will be at the wedding....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If he hasn't earned the rank, don't put it on the invites. Put it on the programs or something once he's pinned it on. But don't call him by a rank he's not, no matter when he's scheduled to pin on. It'll offend people.

Edit: What the final poster said.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • ladystoutladystout member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_name-fi-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d1ba6d90-81cf-4ce4-9a19-458c8229d6d6Post:47e36384-2537-412c-b9cc-423c7700a577">Re: How do I name FI in Invite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't really research it, I probably should have, but when aI did our STDS I put "Corporal FI" By the time we're married he'll be an officer, so I was going to put "2nd Lieutent FI" on the invites...but I'll probably look it up then. He won't be a 2nd L by the time I send otu invites...but he will be at the wedding....
    Posted by kaynix21[/QUOTE]

Absolutely do not put his officer rank on the invites. If he has not been commissioned and pinned with his O rank then he is impersonating an O and that is illegal.

Ditto what Stan said about putting something in the program with his new rank.
  • Smudges*MomSmudges*Mom member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_name-fi-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d1ba6d90-81cf-4ce4-9a19-458c8229d6d6Post:ac71ae06-9dba-454b-925d-e4606383e149">How do I name FI in Invite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]    BTW, sorry about the username.  Knot won't let me change it now.
    Posted by karenvaiden[/QUOTE]

The other ladies have given you good advice.

About your screen name--no, the Knot won't let you change it.  You need to create a new profile and everything with a SN that is less revealing.  For your own safety, you should stop posting under this SN.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JLForbes86JLForbes86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What I found when I was looking it up said that captain or below you put after his rank after his name and above that, you put before. My FI is a 2LT, so the invites read:

John Smith
    Second Lieutenant, United States Army

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards