Vermont

Vermont Locals / Champlain Islands - Please Help!!

Hi Brides!

My fiance and I are trying to plan our wedding in the Champlain Islands (North Hero to be precise) but we've run in to a big problem!

We are planning to get married August 11th,2012  and having our reception at the Community Hall in North Hero VT.  Part of the reason I loved the venue is because of all the nearby inns and motels.... But things dont seem to be working the way I need them to!  The North Hero House would be the perfect place for our many out of town guests to stay the night, but unfortunately they only take reservations for 2 nights or more on weekends (we are marrying on Saturday).  Also, they don't block rooms for guests. Guests would have to pay for the room in advance and it would be awful if by the time guests started reserving rooms, there are none left!!

So, I started looking at our other North Hero options and there are only a few left.  Most places are B&B's or Inn's and only have 4 or so rooms.  We need about 30 rooms!!   I've found Shore Acres motel but they only have a few rooms left for our date next summer! 

I am still waiting to hear back from Holiday Harbour and West Shore Cabins.

Do you have any ideas for me?? Maybe somewhere in a nearby town?? I dont know what else to do!?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

Re: Vermont Locals / Champlain Islands - Please Help!!

• edited December 2011
    You might have better luck looking for hotels in the Burlington or St. Albans area. Both are about 40 minutes from North Hero. If you're willing to cross the lake, Plattsburgh would be an option, too. You can either take the ferry in Grand Isle or the bridge at Rouse's Point. I hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for your ideas!! Much appreciated :)
  • edited December 2011
    One suggestion if people want to stay closer is to lay out the situation on your website that you can direct people to when you send out your Save the Dates. We are running into a similar situation in central VT, and we have listed the B&Bs on our website, which was included on the Save the Date. When they go to the homepage we suggest they start looking at accommodations sooner rather than later. Also, some people might not be opposed to staying for two nights if they are coming in from out of town. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards