New Hampshire
Options

Dressmaker in NH?

I found a great dress and dressmaker on Etsy that I love, but the woman is in Missouri and I'm nervous to do a custom dress long-distance. Can anyone recommend a dressmaker in the area? I'm in Portsmouth but would travel. Thanks!

Re: Dressmaker in NH?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_dressmaker-in-nh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:6c7c40c8-e3d0-4834-ade4-94572f67a547Post:92c741a5-9184-4d10-becf-ce5b04307146">Dressmaker in NH?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found a great dress and dressmaker on Etsy that I love, but the woman is in Missouri and I'm nervous to do a custom dress long-distance. Can anyone recommend a dressmaker in the area? I'm in Portsmouth but would travel. Thanks!
    Posted by delaney33[/QUOTE]

<div>There is a great dressmaker in South Strafford, VT.  I haven't personally worked with her, but I've heard great things! Google Maps says she's about 2 hours and 20 minutes from Portsmouth.  It's a thought:  <a href="http://www.foxglovegowns.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.foxglovegowns.com/</a></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Pamela Moore in Keene NH of Pamela Moore Bridals.  She does some very nice work.
  • Options

Dress making by Dolly in Hudson, NH! She is absolutely amazing! =)

• Options
    I didn't use her, but I've heard great things about Dolly!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Dolly for sure!!! She is AMAZING and so are her prices!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you all SO much!! I'll check these women out!
  • Options
    I just have to comment.... People on here LOVE LOVE LOVE Dolly... and she was one of the seamstresses recomended from Mary and Tux (where I bought my dress) so I went with her, but you need to be fair warned that she is a little bit out there and I had kind of stressful fittings. EVerytime I went she would pin and repin but it didn't seem like she was acutally sewing much. My wedding is this Saturday and I went in last SAturday for my "final" fitting... we agreed that was final fitting, i was bringing my MOH and scheduled the pick up for late in the week. On Saturday I walked in to her shop, with my dress still on the sewing machine and  to find that she still hadn't sewn half of my dress... not like just a few last things to do - like half of my dress had not been touched. My MOH traveled w me to learn how to bustle, bustle hadn't been touched. Dolly said I would have to come back the next day for my "final" fitting, even though this was supposed to be it. I was traveling an hour and half each way and this put a big damper on all the things I had left to do the weekend before the wedding. The dress was done the next day - and does fit awesome - he prices are great but the prices weren't worth the stress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards