California-Bay Area

Inexpensive Small Wedding in SF?

We initially had $10,000 budget for our wedding but we did some more thinking and decided to use that money for traveling instead.  We only have about 15 guests so is it possible to have a wedding somewhere in San Francisco (reception and venue) for about $2,000?

Re: Inexpensive Small Wedding in SF?

• edited December 2011
    The San Francisco city hall is beautiful, and I believe you can get married there for free. Not 100% sure on that. You should check it out. Im looking into a beachside wedding for about $2000 myself. If the beach doesn't work out for me I will be looking into the SF city hall
  • Epic07032011Epic07032011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not free, but it's gorgeous.  We looked into it; check out the information.

http://www.sfgsa.org/index.aspx?page=988

For a weekday you can do it under $2k
    http://www.sfgsa.org/index.aspx?page=4283
  • edited December 2011

SF City Hall is gorgeous (I grew up there and used to work in that bldg.) You can do a civil ceremony on a weekday, which costs $95 for the license and $72 for the ceremony w/judge. The court house is pretty, marble throughout. Lots of people do this and then do a lunch/brunch at a nearby SF restaurant.

• bethcarriebethcarrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also reserve one of the flower gardens in Golden Gate Park- the Shakespeare Garden is one of the most popular but there are lots of options.  Then go to a restaurant with a small private room for lunch (cheaper) or dinner.  I think you should definitely be able to do it for $2000.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!
    have you thought about photographers for your wedding? I've recently decided to do photography professionally, and is looking for opportunities to build my portfolio. I'm willing to do the shoot + an engagement shoot for minimal pay as long as I can use the photos in my portfolio and blog. If you are interested, please email me at lifesavoredart@gmail.com, and I can send you samples of my work and chat more on what you are looking for.

Thanks!
    Sam
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards