Hawaii

:::Brea:::

Brea- I just wanted to give you a little shout out and thank you for all of your help with the wedding video stuff.  I'm so clueless in the area and being able to bounce all of that off of you and get your input meant a lot to me. Thank you!

Re: :::Brea:::

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww! You're welcome!

Actually, after talking to you and having you hire someone to just shoot the video, we've decided to do the same! We were going to have a camera set up and just have someone record it but we don't want anyone to be babysitting the camera during the ceremony and we don't want to run the risk of stepping out of frame. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Butting in: Would either of you guys mind sharing how much you're probably going to be spending on videography? I would like to hire someone if it's not outrageous, FI doesn't think it's necessary...it would be nice to show at our AHR though.
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we're only doing one camera of the ceremony with mics & 30 minutes of coverage, so $275. We're both video editors so we're going to take care of it ourselves. As a matter of fact, the video is already done except the clip from the ceremony and a couple of wedding photos. Our video is a video of our "story" which includes photos and video of us as just friends, when we were dating, of the proposal, engagement photos and then some from the ceremony. A grand total of 2 minutes and 15 seconds :)

If you actually want a nice edited video you'll want two cameras for the ceremony. We're only going to want to use about 15 seconds of ours so this wasn't a priority. You'll also want wireless microphones on the groom and the officiant so you get good audio. Otherwise you'll hear the waves, wind, and sniffles over the dialogue. 

I know in Baltimore to get something like that with a few hours of coverage you'll pay anywhere between $700 & $1500 and it seems that Maui prices are in that ballpark.
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brea- I am glad I was able to help you, too.

Heather- We are spending $900 on it.  That's 2 cameramen, 2. 5 hours of coverage, a video of the ceremony and all unedited footage. It would have been $800 if I didn't get all of the unedited footage.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Dont think we'll be able to afford it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards