August 2012 Weddings

Wedding band thoughts

Hey girlies!

So since the dawn of time, I've always liked the idea of having wedding bands that match. This works out very nicely since FI picked out this wedding band

Since it's plain and unisex, it would work for me as well.
Now, I don't have my e-ring yet but i've been thinking about it...and I'd really like a little more sparkle. So....

Do you think this would look ridiculous, and lose the whole matching-rings thing?

It's a small, diamond band, an e-ring (plain solitaire for the example) and then a band to match FI's.

Thoughts? Too much? Ugly? Cute? Etc?

PS- FI is passed the fvck out, so I had to entertain myself somehow...hence the shameless photoshopping and paint-using.
Bio!
Updated 8/9!

Re: Wedding band thoughts

• No I love that! I think it looks great and then your bands would still match, but you would get the fun sparkle that you want! I think you should do that :)
  • I think it looks really cute!!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i agree I think it looks really nice! And its different than the traditional bands you see with solitaires!
    Im all about being different and having aband that "means" something

Even though the band won't match my ring- I am going to use my grandmothers filigree right hand ring she used to wear

it kind fo looks like THIS:

and everyone is sainyg its "too much" with my ring
    but it is meaningful to me, because my grandmother is too sick to come to my wedding !!

I think you should def do the matching rings!!
    that has MUCH more meaning than just getting a ring because it "looks nice" with your E Ring
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • I looooooooooove that ring! What's your e-ring look like?

I'm also a big fan of enhancers, like this
    http://www.krikawa.com/images/styles/456/MREN-moulin-rouge-enhancer-1.20-ctw-palladium-rose-gold-hand-engraving-pv-10.png

But that's more of a guilty pleasure :)
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • omg love that enhancer!!
    this is my engagement ring

so are you can see its kind of "a lot" but whatever, im italian i get to be gawdy
    plus it means something

so i think if anything- maybe in like 10 yrs for your anniversary fiance gets your another special ring if you want more sparkle :)
    i also really like when people wear a bunch of miss matched bands. My friend has her wedding band, her grandmothers wedding band, and a band her husband gave her for their 3rd wed anniver on her had. she doesnt wear her engagement ring often- -and it look SOOO cute
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • I have no idea what to do about my wedding band because I feel like my e-ring won't go with anything.  your idea is nice though.  I like the matching rings.  You can always do something special with it like engrave something sweet on the inside.  
    proving the choas theory one day at a time http://emtboyandhislove.weebly.com/ Photobucket
  • I just have to say, I'm such an idoit I read this and though you meant bands as in wedding music bands....wow work is killing me this week and I'm more exhausted then I thought....
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards