New Hampshire

Do you tell someone they are not being invited - if so, how?

Ladies,

I need some guidance.   I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to do regarding certain people that I'm not inviting to our wedding.   There is one person in particular that I am referring to. I was the maid of honor in her wedding 27 years ago, but the over the years, we have lost contact.  I'm the one that sends the Birthday cards, reaching out to check in, first to send the Christmas cards - and generally no communications initiated by he.   Really, the only contact we have now is via FaceBook.

We are limited with the number of folks we are having at the wedding due venue space and I've made the decision not to invite her to the wedding.  I'm ok with that decision. I'm just wondering do I call or email her to explain the situation.    I think she assumes she is being invited so I need to figure out how to tell her she's not. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much,
cmhcbb2011

Re: Do you tell someone they are not being invited - if so, how?

• edited December 2011
    I wouldn't feel the need to explain anything unless confronted.  Don't tell someone who's not invited that they're not invited.  Just don't send an invite and if she asks, then explain it.
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just don't send an invitation. If she asks, just let her know that the wedding is small so you couldn't invite everyone you would have liked to.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't say anything either unless she asks.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs.  There is no need to send an invite if you are not planning to invite her and no need for an explanation unless you are asked about it.
    Anniversary
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't send an invite...they will figure out they are not invited
  • ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_tell-someone-not-being-invited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:78ed6354-82e9-4529-b172-4a9d88364c41Post:38fa2267-97b7-4f60-bce4-4a23fec46b4b">Re: Do you tell someone they are not being invited - if so, how?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just don't send an invitation. If she asks, just let her know that the wedding is small so you couldn't invite everyone you would have liked to.
    Posted by chica7484[/QUOTE]

This. Good luck!
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards