African American Weddings

Color Poll

With the venue finally booked we're going with the vintage jazz brunch but the color purist in me is now thinking that the black , white, and pink color scheme is a bit much for a Sunday morning think Coco Chanel old hollywood vintage glam. Now I can't decide between that and blush pink, champagne, and ivory.

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary

Re: Color Poll

• edited December 2011

PINK IS MY FAV COLOR so both are fine to me, but if I had to chose considering "old vintage" it would be black, white & pink.

• island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking more on the lines of the jazz part of your theme and think the champagne, blush and ivory has a real smooth vibe to it particularly for a Sunday morning.  I think with that color scheme you can easily capture the cool side of hollywood vintage glam.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• edited December 2011
    I think you could pull off the black white and pink depending on what color pink you go with.  If it is pink like your dress in your siggy it might be too much but if you do a light pink it would be really pretty. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1-1 the votes are tied!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    edited December 2011
    dj it would be a soft pink
  • edited December 2011
    I like the 1st choice, that'll look soooo pretty, classic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The second one seems more sophisticated and jazzy to me.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the  champagne, blush and ivory for a more jazzy feel.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

"When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever."

• MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's some thing about the color blush that I just adore....hmmmm Team Blush all the way!!!

• edited December 2011
    If you go the champagne route, you can play with gold tones as an additional accent for details.  The gold acents will play with the vintage Hollywood and jazz themes.  The blush pink gives a soft accent to the tones.  I would really play with monochromatic colors of pink for the flowers. For you bridesmaids, if they wear blush pink dresses, I would pair them with fuschia bouquets. As the bride, I would do your bouquet in a pale pink for contrast. When you are all together, the contrast of the colors against all of your dresses will POP in the photos.  For the ceremony and reception decor, I would do flowers that go from pale pink to fushchia and all tones in between so that the arrangements are vibrant. I may even do a little bit of yellow for a small burst of colors in centerpieces or keep it pure and do like green hydrangeas or those jade green roses with the pink flowers.  

There are lots of options to make your color scheme work  and to be creative with your flowers and decor.  Soft gold oraganza runners or overlays under those monochromatic pink flowers would be hot.  
    Anniversary
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    edited December 2011
    dang.... miki, you want to fly to FL and just plan it all for me ?! lol, love the ideas. I was leaning toward monchromatic with pink shades as you suggested. I really want Ivory Chivari chairs so I wanted gold table cloth , pale pink centerpieces with tons of bling and Ivory draping from the ceilings.. I'm struggling to find a "blush" BM dress that is not bubblegum pink!
  • edited December 2011
    @ M1ssJ: We can discuss that.  LOL  Hit me on PM and we can talk about my services.  Day of or full service.  :) 

I think the gold cheviari would really pop with the gold overlays. It would not be too much. The ivory chair would get lost with your ivory primary linens.  Not to worry about the BM dresses.  There are plenty of shades of pink that won't be too bubble gum.  Try something that is near the dusty rose family if you are worried about it being too pink.  Try this color or something similar on for size:  

Needed something to innustrate the color in my mind that could work for dresses.  Am I on track?  
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards