Colorado-Denver

Rehearsal Dinner Madness!!

I am having such a hard time finding a location for our rehearsal dinner in the Morrison/West Denver area. We are inviting 60+ family members to the rehearsal dinner and  have not found a restaurant that can hold that amount and I do not wont to go through the whole catering thing again. Trying to not break the bank or make our rehearsal dinner nicer than our ACTUAL wedding, ha ha. Any other Colorado brides having the same issue?! If so, please HELP!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Madness!!

• Are you open to park bbq/food truck type options?  We are going with a food truck in a park...  $10/person, fun, hopefully pretty easy.  You could jazz it up with multiple food trucks or especially nice food truck food.  There are a lot of nice Denver mountain parks in that area, some of them with shelters for unpredictable weather.  
  • Abrusci's in Wheat Ridge is really good, and not too far from the Denver West area. I don't know that part of town very well unfortunately.
    Anniversary
  • Had our rehearsal dinner at Chads Grill in Lakewood. The food was good and affordable. They were really easy to work with. We had about 50 people there.
    Have you checked with any of the golf courses or country clubs in the area? Most of them will do rehearsal dinners and have a wide range of prices based on menu selection.
  • We are having our at the Kegn (at the Mills). Now the private room won't be big enough for your party but there is another section you can 'rent out' so to speak and it's blocked behind a floor to ceiling fire place. I can give you some more ideas because that is the same area we're doing everything at. Where are you getting married?
  • *Typo sorry I meant at the Keg :)
  • We had this same problem, but we were looking exclusively in Golden. 
    We ended up renting a pavilion at Lions Park for less than $300 .  Its going to be very informal, and people can come and go as they please.  We will provide catered sandwiches, alcohol (a $30 permit) yard games, NA beverages, and other picnic snacky foods. 
    I can't wait!

• Where did you end up booking your rehearsal dinner? We are having the SAME problem!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_rehearsal-dinner-madness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:795a839e-5ee0-4f0f-9752-49031c9d5dffPost:7043b94e-20a3-41c0-850b-e25c457757b0">Rehearsal Dinner Madness!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having such a hard time finding a location for our rehearsal dinner in the Morrison/West Denver area. We are inviting 60+ family members to the rehearsal dinner and  have not found a restaurant that can hold that amount and I do not wont to go through the whole catering thing again. Trying to not break the bank or make our rehearsal dinner nicer than our ACTUAL wedding, ha ha. Any other Colorado brides having the same issue?! If so, please HELP!!
    Posted by shaunaroberts[/QUOTE]
  • ahauryahaury member
    First Comment
    edited May 2013
    We were having the same problem. Looking for next spring with about 50-60 ppl. Some of the locations wanted $5,000 just to rent the room. We've decided to cater which will be about $30 per person with appitizers and 2 options for a main dish not including alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards