Nevada-Las Vegas

So is anyone here truly interested in taking this on?  I have an e-mail address for Knot Annie that might get better results than the moderators@theknot.com address.  I know we've all been having fun lately and have been fairly drama-free, but it would be nice to at least have someone who can take care of the spam & stuff.  I just thought maybe we should have another discussion of who wants it / who people think it should be.

Or maybe someone else has already had communication with KA?

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Should I not have brought this up?  :)

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Moderator

• edited December 2011
    I think you should do it.
  • edited December 2011
    You are fine bringing this up! In fact I think it shows a strong leadership skill and proves my point that you should be mod, lol! In all honesty I think you would make a great mod.

It's like the Knot people have abandoned us!! Very strange.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know you're not interested so much anymore. I vote Stinkerbell. There's another girl who said she'd be interested... LVsvens-something (Sorry, I'm bad with SN).

I agree with needing one to delete the spam. Not so much for other purposes.
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL Sin & Camille, I didn't start the post as a "vote for me!!"  But I appreciate it, thank you!

Honestly, I keep going back & forth on it.  Stinker would be awesome, but I know she's super busy with work stuff right now so I don't know if she has the time.  The co-mod thing would have been great, but I guess they're not doing that anymore...
    Married 5.6.11

• GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does seem that the board has been abandoned, doesn't it...?! Can we have people put themselves forward and do a poll to choose for ourselves? I think that is a fair way to do it.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    I have already heard your excuses Direy... and I still think you should do it.
  • RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I leave and this places goes to hell. Gosh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I emailed an email address I found on google for KA with no response. We are just the red headed stepchildren. It seems weird that the second we are modless we have gotten quite a few vendor posts, and that is really annoying.

ETA- I should add it was probably because Rach was so good at keeping them at bay :)
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I agree, we need to at least have someone delete spams and vendors. I still think either you, Stinker, or VG should do it! 
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:bd8357be-1b5e-49d7-8fa0-e5384f9175e7">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]I leave and this places goes to hell. Gosh.
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]
    Rach!  It's definitely not the same without you!
    Married 5.6.11

• direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011

I was hoping that maybe KA would see some of these threads and do something...

Married 5.6.11

• wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:c3e7b316-48df-4ba6-aa01-690b4da8ecc2">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree, we need to at least have someone delete spams and vendors. I still think either you, Stinker, or VG should do it! 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

This!!
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:c6a6cc5f-2e1f-4ee6-a7fe-21f6f7293826">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moderator : Rach!  It's definitely not the same without you!
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I was going to say the same! Also, maybe KA just hasn't seen the board lately? </div>
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:c41fcebd-703c-48ad-a2d7-8fe5d2791f0a">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moderator : I was going to say the same! Also, maybe KA just hasn't seen the board lately? 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]
    Maybe? 
    @shannyn, what did your e-mail say, just that we really need a new mod?  Or were you thowing in your name for it too?  :)
    Married 5.6.11

• empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Knottie Annie just posted the winner of a drawing on the African American board today and told them to email her at: ajones (at) theknot.com 
  • edited December 2011
    I just put that we needed a new mod. Let me find the email to see what it said.

I put:

Will the LV board be getting a new Mod soon? A few people have expressed interest so maybe you can start a thread to ask anyone if they want to apply and how to apply.

NOTHING. I boycott KA.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent an email to the moderators@ thing couple days back saying I'd like to do it if aegrish has been deleted, disappeared or whatever the case may be.  I'm cool either way though if someone else wants to posses the power of mod! lol

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    I will make a three way vote:

Stinker
    Direy
    Vegasgroom

Those three are here the most, and are the most helpful.
  • RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:ab9df59e-ff1d-473a-95c9-4c2e3773da27">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]I emailed an email address I found on google for KA with no response. <strong>We are just the red headed stepchildren.</strong> It seems weird that the second we are modless we have gotten quite a few vendor posts, and that is really annoying. ETA- <strong>I should add it was probably because Rach was so good at keeping them at bay :)</strong>
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>These are both very true statements. I applaud them both.</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I approve of all of those choices!  Assuming Stinker wants to do it, should we do a three person poll?

I was pondering it last night for myself since I seem to be spending so much time here.  (Haha!)  However, I wouldn't mind waiting for another person to get their turn. 
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:a66a2f60-a1d2-4e07-b3b6-87ae583cb18a">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]I approve of all of those choices!  Assuming Stinker wants to do it, should we do a three person poll? I was pondering it last night for myself since I seem to be spending so much time here.  (Haha!)  However, I wouldn't mind waiting for another person to get their turn. 
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]
    But maybe it could also be good to have someone like you who will definitely be around for awhile as you're still planning your wedding?  Just another thought to throw out there...
    Married 5.6.11

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:b63cf992-69cf-4499-81b3-e5007e24d5b3">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moderator : But maybe it could also be good to have someone like you who will definitely be around for awhile as you're still planning your wedding?  Just another thought to throw out there...
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

I don't mind either way.  I'm all for a vote!
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    So I sent an e-mail to the ajones address asking if we would be getting a mod anytime soon.  I  mentioned that I had sent an e-mail to the moderators address expressing interest before aegrish was chosen and that there are other knotties also interested in the position.  I got an out of office reply that she's gone until July 5th.

I'm all for a vote too, just not sure how they actually choose a mod. 
    Married 5.6.11

• edited December 2011
    Probably the same way they get the avatar's to show up; randomly lol.  My avatar is showing the same as yours right now.

• direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:77f98175-a7d5-4f23-8831-da8b0acbaa18">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]Probably the same way they get the avatar's to show up; randomly lol.  My avatar is showing the same as yours right now.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

LOL
    Married 5.6.11

• edited December 2011
    I vote for complete anarchy BWAHAHAHAHA

just kiddin' :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:b8623274-8ade-4db7-96d3-bfbd270c4be5">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]I vote for complete anarchy BWAHAHAHAHA just kiddin' :)
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]

Not a surprising comment from the person jumping on the bed in her wedding dress lol.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:97898148-7ee5-410a-96f0-08b43205c967">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moderator : Not a surprising comment from the person jumping on the bed in her wedding dress lol.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]<font size="2" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:10px;" class="Apple-style-span"><font size="1" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:9px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></span></font><div>
    </div><div>LOL</div>
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think any of those three would be awesome.  If there are a couple people still seriously interested, I don't think the co-mod thing is out of the question, May 2012 still has 2 mods and that works out well for them...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_moderator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ab179ce-6719-47ed-8c3e-753a83199e5fPost:5611060b-8ca0-40f9-9ddd-6f0578959543">Re: Moderator</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think any of those three would be awesome.  If there are a couple people still seriously interested, I don't think the co-mod thing is out of the question, May 2012 still has 2 mods and that works out well for them...
    Posted by lsvensson[/QUOTE]

OT- lsvenson those shoes are super hot! are you getting them? I bought the Jimmy Cho ogan glitter D'Orsay but did not end up wearing them for the wedding because I was too tall.

I also agree with the co mod. I think it would be helpful so if one takes some time off the other can jump in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards