September 2012 Weddings

getting married in september but still far away

I am getting married September 29th, 2012. And I am so excited but it seems like to me
that the months are going so slow since my wedding is still months from now. Anybody else
feel like me?

Re: getting married in september but still far away

• i am with you on this one! I cant just go and buying everything ...it is all a waiting game and its driving me nuts...i just wish it was here already....a year is too long to plan

• I am getting married the 15th and for me it is going by very fast! 
  • Perhaps I'm the wierd one - some days it feels like it's flying by, other days it just seems like it's dragging on.
  • That's exactly why FI and I moved up our wedding last month. We were getting married June 2013...and decided that it was just way too far away.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We got engaged in October 2011 (with a ring in November lol) so I don't feel like it's been forever. I think it was the perfect amount of time for me to really think about what I wanted, scope out my options and do you a lot of DIY projects. I'm actually shocked at how quickly time is flying by. I'm not stressing but I'm definitely starting to realize just how close we are getting to the big day (Sept 15 for us).
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I feel like the time is flying by.  We got engaged Feb, 2011... but, just picked our date this January and started planning immediately.  I've been in high gear ever since.  I look at the little time ticker and can't believe its only 132 days.  It still feels like there are a million things to do !
  • For me it's dragging! We got engaged in April 2011, and since we lived 22 hours from where we were having the wedding, started planning right away... Well we ended up moving to where we're getting married and now that so much is done I'm just waiting. Plus our venue does SO much for us, there's not a ton to do. 

PS. Date twins!
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • We were engaged in December 2010... so the first year went soooooo slow.  Once we hit the year mark, though, it feels like everything is in hyperdrive.  It seems like I check the "to do" list for the month and the next thing I know, everything's done and I'm looking at the next month already.  I actually can't believe how fast it's going.

I wish there was a happy medium: where time went "just right."  Right now I feel like I don't have enough time left to just enjoy being engaged, but I don't want it to drag by like the first year did.
  • Jacqui - I'm in exactly the same situation as you.  Been engaged since Nov 2010, and the first year was SO long.  Now that it's the 5 month mark, I feel like there's not even close to enough time and I'm constantly trying to take care of wedding stuff.  I guess that's what happens when you spend the first year just taking your time and only booking things every couple months.  Now I realize I should have pushed FI a little harder to get things done with me.  I don't even have a cake yet.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_getting-married-in-september-but-still-far-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:7ca888a1-7cc5-4a8d-b88d-2d0a4db4dd1cPost:4b5ab4b6-a352-4374-b749-ea750a5079eb">getting married in september but still far away</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married September 29th, 2012. And I am so excited but it seems like to me that the months are going so slow since my wedding is still months from now. Anybody else feel like me?
    Posted by melissasdwedding[/QUOTE]

We're date twins!

For awhile things felt slow for me.  It felt like a lull but now that we are getting closer, I realize there are a lot of little things that need to be done.  I feel like the next 5 months are going to fly!
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Beat you all...we got engaged October 3rd of 2010 lol!  I agree the first year seemed extremely slow but once I hit the one year mark things started getting busier and now with 4 months to go I can't get enough stuff done!
  • I totally hear you! We got engaged September 2010! The first year DRAGGED! Now that we're 132 days out I am so excited. I dont really have much left to do so I have nothing to keep me busy!
  • I've been engaged since July 2009 (yes, ugh) so for me this is taking forever. It's weird though, because March FLEW by, and April FLEW by, but when I look at the entire picture I feel like time is dragging.
    Anniversary
  • another September 29th bride! I am very eager to get it here and enjoy! we're doing it in vegas and everything is pretty much planned, in holding mode until final numbers are confirmed - happy 5 month!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm  having the opposite now... it felt like it was going so slow until 6 months, now its going too fast and I have too much left to do lol
  • We got engaged in Oct 2011. My parents asked for a year so they could plan and pay for everything. So we set the date for Spetember 29 2012! We are so excited. And yes, its dragging on. 152 days to go! But I remember when I said we have 340 days to go. So its going fast and slow at the same time!
    Soon to be Mrs. Roberts :)Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• I'm the opposite. We decided on late Feb/early March to plan for a Sept wedding. I cannot believe it's only 4 months away. I still have so much to do! :)

• AnnamarieZTAAnnamarieZTA member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Ugh I feel your pain! We got engaged in April 2011 and will be married September 22 and it just seems to drag! Going to tons of weddings before our wedding doesn't help either! We are both just itching to get married already!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got engaged last month: dress and veil has been bought, venue picked, deposit down; flight is free, invitations almost done, cake vendor coming up with the cutest ideas, but still more to do. Not really worried yet. Need a photographer, music and minister in Maui is all. Sept 29, 2012 will be here before you know it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards