Not Engaged Yet

New here

Hello all. 

Quick intro:
I'm 26, SO is 28. We live on different continents. We've been dating, well, I don't even know how to define that. We met on the internet (not a dating site) and have had a very non-traditional go of it. Our earliest interactions were...a year ago? 18 mos? We're planning to get married, you know, after we're on the same continent, which we hope is SOON.

Not sure what to say...ask some questions if you want. 

Re: New here

• What continents?
    What do you both do for a living?
    Furbabies? If yes, then pictures.

How/When do you plan on being on the same continent? How long were you "dating" just over the internet before you actually met?

• Hi and welcome.

Do you have a favorite desert?
    Any hobbies you enjoy?

Anniversary

• He lives in Europe. I'm in the States. 
    He works in HR and I'm a data curator at a software company.

Furbabies....are pets? No pets, but I could post a pic of my dryer lint :p

We've not even met yet! He is planning to come this fall for a visit and we'll work out more details. We started properly talking in Januray, but have fallen soundly in love.

We both like to write and draw and listen to music. He's into soccer/football and I'm into philosophy. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-here-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c67b522-9979-4e42-985b-e34be481e6d6Post:856234fd-c9e1-4442-b001-0d467161c80f">Re: New here</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We've not even met yet</strong>! He is planning to come this fall for a visit and we'll work out more details. We started properly talking in Januray, but have fallen soundly in love.
    Posted by transatlanticpigeon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't plan on going any further at all until you're actually in one place together for awhile. Like... <em>AWHILE</em>. This sounds thoroughly no bueno.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-here-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c67b522-9979-4e42-985b-e34be481e6d6Post:9b91378f-5b91-4f59-bfb0-86964eb59d97">Re: New here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here : Yeah, I wouldn't plan on going any further at all until you're actually in one place together for awhile. Like... AWHILE . This sounds thoroughly no bueno.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Sigh.</div><div>
    </div><div>It's so nice to show up somewhere, say hello, try to make friends, and then have them tell you how your life is completely screwed up. I'm not asking your permission to marry. If I want advice I will ask people who are in an appropriate position to speak into my life. I'm sure you mean well, but considering how well we know each other, I think you've crossed a line.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-here-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c67b522-9979-4e42-985b-e34be481e6d6Post:a1c09be0-3c0a-4748-a8a3-2004f6abd5da">Re: New here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here : Sigh. It's so nice to show up somewhere, say hello, try to make friends, and then have them tell you how your life is completely screwed up. I'm not asking your permission to marry. If I want advice I will ask people who are in an appropriate position to speak into my life. I'm sure you mean well, but considering how well we know each other, I think you've crossed a line.
    Posted by transatlanticpigeon[/QUOTE]
    Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way (nor the only one you've bitched out for pointing out that you don't know this guy irl) considering your responses on the Chit Chat board. u mad?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-here-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c67b522-9979-4e42-985b-e34be481e6d6Post:538ad06b-206d-4179-a089-b294f1cbd79e">Re: New here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here : Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way (nor the only one you've bitched out for pointing out that you don't know this guy irl) considering your responses on the Chit Chat board. u mad?
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sorry. I promise my tone was not meant to be bitchy. I wanted to be polite, firm, clear and straightforward. I'm not mad, just surprised. Do you treat people this way irl? I've never been treated this way by strangers; I don't have a precedenct for how to respond. I'm trying my best (which I understand has displeased you. I'm really sorry.)</div><div>
    </div><div>:)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards