Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Caterer

Hi all:

Just curious - at what point do you meet with the caterer and do a tasting? I've been working with two so far (mostly e-mails, one phone call) and have outline proposals. The two are essentially the same price and both have things we like. One seems to have food that costs more, while the other has more expensive rentals - it's a wash.

So, do we meet with both and do tastings with both? Is that appropriate? I think I need to meet these people and get a better feel - but don't know if that's considered like it's a done deal once you do a tasting.

Thanks for the advice.

Re: Caterer

• LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meet with them asap since you want the caterer of your choice to be available on your date. Also, make sure that you get a tasting before you book anyone. If they require that you book them first, skip them and keep looking.

Also, your local board will be a great resource for local vendors.
  • edited December 2011

Having a tasting with a caterer does not make it a done deal.  My daughter had tastings with several caterers before she finally made a decision about her reception.

Schedule tastings with both caterers that you are considering.  I would have the tastings as soon as possible so that I could then  book that date that I want.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards