Ohio-Cleveland

Severance hall

I recieved a post card from Severance Hall here in Cleveland. I'm thinking about checking them out. Anyone out there having thier wedding there? It looks BEAUTIFUL!

Re: Severance hall

• HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding there but wasn't involved in the planning, etc and have no idea of the cost.  It IS beautiful though!!
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • edited December 2011
    I wish, but it would be way beyond our budget. They definitely do weddings and from a Google search it looks like catering starts at $80 PP (not too bad), but that doesn't include rental fee for the space. It doesn't hurt to shoot them an email and ask the rental fee and wedding package info.
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I remember correctly, Sam my 's does their catering.  I was also quoted about 80-120 per person for food.  

I had an appointment with one of their reps at a different location and found the experience to be pretty unprofessional.  She arrived 1/2 hour late, only calling when she was 5 min away from the venue.  When she did arrive, she looked like she just rolled out of bed, sweatpants and all.  She might have just been having a bad day, but I was turned off by the whole organization.  

just my 2 cents:)

The good: Severence Hall is gorgeous and I have seen a lot of wedding pictures from severence and they are beautiful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Beautiful venue ... The downside I found was that you have to rent everything, including tables, from what I was told.  The costs would certainly add up, but if you have the funds I'd say go for it!

• maina1713maina1713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I looked into Severance hall for our reception, and here is the info I got:
    the rental fee for the Grand Foyer (the room that was big enough for 140 people) is $3900 for up to a 5 hour reception.  There are more options for smaller groups.  Catering is done exclusively through Sammy's, and the Severance Hall contact said catering packages start at $105/person.  I pasted in the information from the email I received below. 
    Good luck!

Thank you for your inquiry about weddings at Severance Hall, home of the world-renowned Cleveland Orchestra. We have wonderful spaces available, including our magnificent Grand Foyer ($3,900 for up to a five hour reception), gilded concert hall and intimate meeting rooms.

Generally, weddings are scheduled on a space-available basis depending on the size of the group. Smaller groups can more easily be accommodated, while larger events must be scheduled when the venue is not occupied by The Cleveland Orchestra.

Catering is provided by Sammy's, our
    exclusive foodservice partner. Sammy's can be reached toll free from anywhere at 216.523.5899 or thinkparties@sammys.com . You may want to contact Sammy's to discuss their available packages, which start at $105/person.

We are pleased to offer the bride & groom a complimentary stay ($219 value) on your wedding night at The Glidden House - www.gliddenhouse.com - in one of their suites or standard rooms - based upon availability. Also, the closest accommodations to Severance Hall for your wedding guests to stay.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience if you would like a tour of the building. I'm available at the number list below. I look forward to working with you.

For more information, please refer to the following areas of our website:

www.clevelandorchestra.com/rental.aspx" target="_blank">http://www.clevelandorchestra.com/rental.aspx

• July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like that look though, there is also the Old Courthouse in cleveland.  I believe Taste of Excellence is their caterer and you can find out more information about the space through them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards