Jewish Weddings

Anyone here read Hebrew?

I'm an interfaith bride and I purchased a ketubah with custom text (reallly custom) and the text was translated into Hebrew.  I just received the proof and wanted someone to glance over the hebrew section to make sure it's relatively accurate.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone here read Hebrew?

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having a rabbi perform the ceremony?  If so, you might want to ask him/her.  Our rabbi proofed ours.
  • ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent mine to my mother who had my zayde look at it -- she also comapred it to her own ketubbah.

GL!
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Is it in hebrew or aramaic? I would check with the rabbi officiating as my rabbi required that he read over a proof from the company before the actual ketubah got printed.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://jewish.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_anyone-here-read-hebrew?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:2d718f8a-f668-4a3d-a56a-86405965e7b9Post:08e10c5b-62a7-4fc7-bd86-5ed07157de5b">Re: Anyone here read Hebrew?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it in hebrew or aramaic? I would check with the rabbi officiating as my rabbi required that he read over a proof from the company before the actual ketubah got printed.
    Posted by alinaandjared[/QUOTE]

<div>I would be happy to help you proof your ketubah - but like others have said - if you are having a Rabbi or Cantor marry you - they should be able to proof it.  But, it is also common to have a non denominational officiant, so I would be happy to proof if you want to send it to me - along with the English, so I know what I'm proofing.</div><div>Contact me if you need assistance,</div><div>Cantor Debbi Ballard</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    My name is Yehudit and I'm the founder of Jewish Interfaith Wedding Network, http://www.jewishinterfatihweddings.net .

If you do not have a rabbi or cantor to review your Ketubah, my husband, Rabbi Gershon Steinberg-Caudill,, would be happy to help you out.  Just go to our site and contact us by phone or email. We'd be happy to assist.

Best regards,
    Yehudit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards