Not Engaged Yet

Monday KUI

Hey guys! I got back from my Jamaica vacation yesterday afternoon. I had today off for MLK day, so I'm just getting caught up with some emails now, while BF watches a Bond movie and while my pizza dough rises :-) Jamaica was amaaazing. I feel so relaxed and I'm super tan. Seriously wish I planned a longer trip, but this was probably the best bang for my buck.

Anyways, anyone else KUI? I was delighted to realize I still had half a giant bottle of sweet red in the fridge, and I'm determined to finish it tonight.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Monday KUI

• I probably will be in a bit. It's been a long effing day
  • Glad you enjoyed your vacation!

Hope your day is better tomorrow, Irish. :(

I shouldn't KUI today. I have an appt to donate blood tomorrow and I'm only at 20 ounces of water (I shoot for 60 the day before and of). I can knot sober, though :) I'm trying to figure out what to eat for dinner. So far my options are - waffles, Culvers, or running to the grocery store to get a salad. Being that it's about 5° outside, I really don't want to leave the warmth of my apartment.
  • edited January 2013
    What's Culvers? 

Good for you, donating blood. I once fainted just from walking past a room they were having a blood drive in. I don't do well when blood is involved and have passed out more times that I can remember at the doctor's office :-(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey Hummingbird, glad you had a good time on vacation. Did your parents take good care of your pup? Where did you guys stay in Jamaica? Me and BF want to go away on an all inclusive vaca when he is off in April but it seems like everything that week is way over our budget :( I think it's a popular vacation time.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-kui-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c50378a4-ff20-4d08-925c-3003d8e406c0Post:d350dffb-7287-4374-96d2-dfea5ae86f37">Re: Monday KUI</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's Culvers?  Good for you, donating blood. I once fainted just from walking past a room they were having a blood drive in. I don't do well when blood is involved and have passed out more times that I can remember at the doctor's office :-(
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Culvers is a fast food place that originated in WI (but they're in a lot of other states now). It's really the only fast food that I like. I always get the grilled cheese kid's meal and then a side of cheese curds...which I recently realized how pathetic that is, considering cheese curds are basically balls of grilled cheese sandwich. haha. I decided I'm not leaving my apartment, so it's probably a waffle night for me :)
  • I just had to absolutely raise Cain about my mom's current palliative care doctor. Apparently when my mom was there last week, she was sobbing with her head between her hands and curled into herself, and the NP walked in, held her hand out for my mom to shake her hand, then made an annoyed sigh when my mom didn't reach up to shake her hand. My mom told them the medications that I recommended for her pain based on her response to previous pain regimens during her hospitalizations and the NP got angry and told her that she would not prescribe those meds because she didn't like to start with them.

So instead of getting MS Contin with morphine IR because of her previous awesome response to morphines above oxycodones and dilaudid, my mom got a prescription for the base amount of OxyContin which took forever to find because no one carries it. It didn't work well for her, so over the weekend when they wouldn't return her calls, I told her to start taking it three times daily with a different dosage and she felt some relief for one day, but it quickly stopped working.

My parents called to complain about the NP and are talking to the head of palliative care at Vandy tomorrow. If they don't give a satisfactory response to her palliative care questions, my parents will be immediately calling my company to set up a consultation with our palliative care doctor who I trust with all my heart because I've seen him do amazing things with our patients. His NP is also a very cool dude.

I hate when I know how things are supposed to be done and then people f*ck it all up. It is completely unacceptable. I'm glad that her oncologist and surgeons seem to know what they're doing now, but it seems like the palliative care side couldn't give any less sh*ts about the patients they're supposed to be helping.

I AM ANGRY :|.

• I'm so sorry, stillwell - that completely sucks. I can't believe that woman gave your poor mom an attitude, especially when she was so upset. Your mom's lucky she has you to stand up for her needs, and that you're so involved and knowledgeable. It's just ridiculous that it even has to come to that.

Both my parents work for a hospital (my mom is in nursing admin and my stepfather in radiology), and they both wholeheartedly agree that they would never send a loved one to the hospital they work for, for a variety of reasons. Our healthcare system is seriously effed up in many areas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Still, your moms drs make me want to punch them in the balls
  • Still - that really sucks! I'm glad your parents are taking the time to complain about their experience. Too many people I know have horrible experiences with doctors, nurses, or whoever in the medical field but never let anyone who can do something about it know!

As a side note I once had a doctor tell me I was going to die (which I wasn't) and then got really annoyed when I started crying.

Tonight I have a date with my rhetorical theory homework so no KUI for me.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-kui-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c50378a4-ff20-4d08-925c-3003d8e406c0Post:0ecdbbab-fba0-45c5-b22c-bcc4151b91ab">Re: Monday KUI</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still - that really sucks! I'm glad your parents are taking the time to complain about their experience. Too many people I know have horrible experiences with doctors, nurses, or whoever in the medical field but never let anyone who can do something about it know!
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]
    That's one thing that sucks even more -- they said they wouldn't have thought to complain until I got so livid. My mom assumed that she wouldn't be able to be pain free, so when the first medication combination didn't do sh*t, she called and asked for another appointment... in three weeks.

People need to realize that doctors aren't gods and if you have a problem, you need to call them out. No one should be in pain -- palliative care doctors are supposed to be better than this. She needs to be watched carefully for the first few weeks, have her meds adjusted THEN move forward with more spacing between visits. It's insane that they just sort of... give her a script then don't follow up.

• Hummingbird- I am glad your vacation was so relaxing! 

Irish- Hugs.  I hope it is a better day tomorrow for you!

Still-  That is so so horrible.  That makes me angry.  I hope your mom starts going to your doctor.  *hugs*

Beth- What an ass!  Hugs.

I am here but not drinking.  I have a bunch of chores left to do around the house and right now I am trying to make my grocery list.  

So our 8 month anniversary is on Sunday.  What should I make for dinner?  I am thinking chicken parmesan.  What do you think? 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Ray - I hate making grocery lists. I'm not very good at. I need to figure out what my staple foods that I should always have in my fridge are and then I could work around that.

• Ya I kind dislike doing them too.  It takes me forever. But I do need to go to the store.
    Now I am thinking about a tri-tip roast?  Hmmmm such choices.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I'd do roast over chicken but I'm not a huge fan of chicken in general.

• I'm not KUI but Im around, I'm still recovering from being sick, so no alcohol for me.  I didn't do much of anything on my day off and I enjoyed it anyway.

Glad you had a great time on your vacation Hummingbird

still- Sorry to hear everything that is going on with your mom :-(

Ughhh it's snowing here.... and sticking....

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-kui-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c50378a4-ff20-4d08-925c-3003d8e406c0Post:9f565697-55e0-426d-84d2-de29f51c0770">Re: Monday KUI</a>:
    [QUOTE] Ughhh it's snowing here.... and sticking....
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]
    It's just cold here. It'll be (with wind chill) 9 when I go to work tomorrow morning, but no snow to be seen :(.

• I hate really cold weather!  We've been lucky weather wise but it's supposed to be real cold this week.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-kui-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c50378a4-ff20-4d08-925c-3003d8e406c0Post:4ec29037-9ebf-4566-a744-0287b593b4e6">Re: Monday KUI</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Hummingbird, glad you had a good time on vacation. Did your parents take good care of your pup? Where did you guys stay in Jamaica? Me and BF want to go away on an all inclusive vaca when he is off in April but it seems like everything that week is way over our budget :( I think it's a popular vacation time.
    Posted by leese19[/QUOTE]

<div>We stayed at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. You're right - everything is probably going to be more expensive in April. Check out cheapcaribbean.com (if you haven't already) - they usually had the best prices.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards