Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good day!

Today, fi is going to sign for our temporary apartment (until I can get a job in AL), so we will for sure be able to move in the first week of May. I was getting antsy about not having a place nailed down yet.

Also, he has been unofficially training for a job promotion and they told him today exactly what time the posting will go up. They said after he gets that, he can immediately start unofficially training for manager positions!

Got any good news to share?
"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs

Re: Good day!

• Temp place is here?  or AL?  if here, close to me, or far away?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited March 2010
    FI's job decided to postpone the rollout of some new operating system. When it goes out it means he won't be getting home until around 10 pm instead of 6 or 7 until they all get trained, so I'm happy about that.

And I think I finally have my dog leash trained. She's slowly getting used to apartment living and going for walks, which makes me happy! And congrats to your FI!
  • Temp place is here. It's across from Oxmore. But hell, much closer than we are right now! How long until you move? I'd love to have you two over for dinner...if we end up with a table bigger than a 2 person...
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I'm on day 3 of no soda!  haha lame, but a big deal for me.  And I've actually had a whole 16oz bottle of water (with Crystal Lite in it) so far today and that's a lot more than I usually drink.  I think I've been constantly dehydrated for years.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Congrats to your FI.  That's great!

My day is going well, I ALMOST got some work to do, then the software installation on my computer kept failing - we think it's a disk space issue so now I'm waiting for more space on my virtual server.  (insert jeopardy music).

So, instead, I'm perusing pet finder.  I actually found a dog I want.  She looks so awesome.  But we currently have a lab and we said no dogs bigger than the lab.

She's a Bernese Mtn dog.  I don't think those come in mini size which means she's big. 

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I am so dehydrated right now, it's not even funny. I feel ok...but I have things telling me that I really need to drink more water. I enjoy water, not sure why or how I'm not getting enough.
  • I used to work for a catering company over the summers while I was in high school.  The head chef put out a cook book.

She dedicated it:

Alexia - Good food and laughter are the keys to happiness!  Thank you for being such a great role model to all my grandkids.  Love, Jill

I used to babysit all the grandkids.  They're precious, and teenagers/young adults now.  It just made me smile to see her note.
  • That's awesome Moose! If I had my druthers, I'd have every big dog known to man..with a tiny little Maltese and a beagle. I really love big dogs. We already plan on having 2 Italian Mastiffs and I would love to have a St. Bernard. I can keep dreaming about those 10 acres I want...
  • Oh, I bet I know what that is.  Easy enough.  We have no idea what the dates are, yet.  I had a promising phone call yesterday that will hopefully turn into a phone interview, but I've got no clue.  I'm guessing sometime in June or July, but not positive.  I just know when FI's job here ENDS.  Yikes!

Congrats to D, too, by the way.  When are you all moving in?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Don't you hate this limbo? It's pretty scary (for me at least). The complex starts with a D if that's what you're thinking of. We will move in May 1st! Well, we'll start moving in. Depends on when we can get his best friend help us the rest of the way.

Do you have a good hair dresser you can recommend? I pay about 40 for a hair cut right now. I don't think I can afford to go more than that...I'm coming up here the day before we leave for the honeymoon for a super drastic hair cut, but I need a place in town to help me maintain it.
  • If you just need a cut, I think her prices are around that.  I do highlights too, and it runs me around $85 - $100 depending if we do just the top or all the way through.  Angela @ Bravada (Hurstbourne just north of 64).  The number is in my other purse - I swapped today - but I think you can just google for it.  But, I love her.  I've been going to her the whole time I've lived here, never had a bad cut or color. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• I'm getting it colored right before the wedding (all over just a tad darker with lowlights and highlights). I'll probably let that go until...whenever. When I do this system, it grows out and fades really natural looking. Yeah, I'll check her out, thanks!
  • My trial is next Thursday after work.  And then color a couple weeks after that.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• I think my color is May 1. Wait a second...that's when I'm supposed to move. SOB.
  • Congrats, LB!

Moose, Burnese are MASSIVE dogs. MUCH bigger than a lab. My sister had two and now has one, and they are awesome beyond awesome dogs, but they are 150-175lbs. of pure doggie love. But seriously, it's like having another husband-size creature in your house!

My good news today is DH wants to meet me at IKEA to get our bedroom stuff today! He has a 10% off coupon that expires, and wants to buy as much stuff at a savings as he can. I'm ok with that! :)
  • Good job Mr. Bec!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:165c7ac7-c2e3-4605-b5ce-fddd345b2af1Post:4a216027-d709-4414-b4ab-84df17cfffb1">Re: Good day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats, LB! Moose, Burnese are MASSIVE dogs. MUCH bigger than a lab. My sister had two and now has one, and they are awesome beyond awesome dogs, but they are 150-175lbs. of pure doggie love. But seriously, it's like having another husband-size creature in your house! My good news today is DH wants to meet me at IKEA to get our bedroom stuff today! He has a 10% off coupon that expires, and wants to buy as much stuff at a savings as he can. I'm ok with that! :)
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Sweet!  Didn't you get a dining room set and other stuff recently???
  • We're looking over by Oxmore and St. Matthews too!
  • Yep! We bought all that from Habitat for Humanity for 70% off! It was donated after DH did a show at the spring home and garden expo a few weeks ago. We opted not to buy the bed in that group of stuff because it wasn't the finish we wanted, but he did get the 10% off coupon from them so we are spending it tonight. I'm really, really excited! We need to sell his stuff in his bedroom now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:165c7ac7-c2e3-4605-b5ce-fddd345b2af1Post:98f04778-9a07-4c63-bdab-8301f2316d70">Re: Good day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're looking over by Oxmore and St. Matthews too!
    Posted by kristinalily[/QUOTE]
    It's my favorite part of town! Are you guys from here?
  • haha it was my least favorite area (just the area right by the malls) when I moved here! I HATED Shelbyville road...my FI worked at the mall and I hated navigating that road and figuring what lane I was supposed to be in (sounds stupid, I know). I really like the area over there now though. He's lived here his whole life (PRP area) and I just moved here a couple months ago from Dallas. I like it here better :)
  • Did he go to PRP?? How old is he?
  • I guess I didn't realize you were here (unless I've asked before and totally spaced). Where are you all getting married?
  • He just turned 23 and he actually went to Butler
  • Oh, ok. FI went to PRP, that's why I was asking.
  • edited March 2010
    We're getting married here in Kentucky, but kinda in the middle of nowhere. It's about an hour south of Lexington. My 6th great grandfather's house is the William Whitley House in Stanford, KY and then the reception is in Danville, KY.

I just looked at your bio link (or whatever it's called) and I'm so jealous of your reception place! I LOVE the river. I try to go down there as often as I can. We thought about doing the wedding downtown with a reception area overlooking the river like yours. It's gonna be beautiful!
  • Where in the HELL did you find to have a reception in Danville? I've worked at Centre for 2 summers. That town is awful. Although you lucked up, they JUST turned 'wet' a couple months ago.

And thanks! I hope it all turns out nice, but i have my doubts. Just not your typical 'reception' type place.
  • haha yeah, it was the nicest/closet town we could get...we're having it at the Community Arts Center on Main Street which is actually very nice inside. Small wedding so it works. :)
  • That works! There's a little sandwhich shop on main that's only open during lunch rush. They have the best BLT I've ever had. Funny coming from such a tiny town!

That's going to be cool if you end up with Oxmoor area!
  • My FI and I just got some good news. He has a daughter he hasn't seen in over 9 years. Just the other day his sister called him to say that his ex is wanting to talk to him because the daughter has lots of questions about her Daddy. Well it turns out she's going to be staying with us for awhile. I have to put her in school and everything. She's 11 and i don't even knows what she looks like. I talked to her for a couple of minutes but that all the contact i've had. I think her mother is tired and is pawning her off on us. But at least she'll have a stable home and a younger sister. I just hope it all works out. We have a lot of work to do to get ready.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards