North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

chair setup on the beach

Anyone use A Proper Setting for chair setup/breakdown for their beach ceremony?  I'm considering using them instead of one of the rental companies, and then also using them for day of ceremony coordination.  It's tough deciding what to let the rental company do, what to hire a coordinator to do, and what to do ourselves on the wedding day.

Also, anyone use chair covers on the beach - most pictures I see are white resin folding chairs.  Suggestions about padded vs. not padded or using Chivialri chairs (other than their more expensive, but are they practical on the sand).

And.... I suppose I have to rent chairs for the beach ceremony and a separate set of chairs for the reception inside the event home.

Just looking for words of wisdom as I start getting overwhelmed by the details!!

Thanks everyone!

Re: chair setup on the beach

• Options
    Hi Jen,
    Sorry I don't have personal experience to share with The Proper Setting, as we used Ocean Atlantic Rentals. We opted to setup the chairs ourself though rather than pay their fee. My husband (fiance at the time) and GMs helped him set them up about 1 hour prior to the ceremony.

We didn't use covers but rented chairs that had a bamboo style to them, which matched our other decor. They were not padded. I think most ceremonies are not going to go too long, your guests should be fine without covers and/or pads on the chairs unless you want them. Also, it will be windy on the beach so they might blow off or try too- one thing to consider.

I think you could feasibly use the same rental chairs for both the ceremony and reception. There's usually a time while you guys are having your pics done, before the start of the reception when you could have the chairs moved (you'll have to do it eventually anyway as you can't leave them on the beach). Maybe look at your guest list and see if there's some friends of the groom who might be willing to help?

Hope this helps!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    We are using the proper setting for our chairs. Mostly because our event home where the reception is located is on the sound, so having someone set up on the ocean side without any of our guests having to help set up/ break down works well for us. Also, Eric from the proper setting has been really helpful finding a beach location with parking close by.  I think he uses the white resin chairs with padding.  Then for the recption we are renting separte chairs from Metro rentals. Hope this helps!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards