Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful:

- for the long holiday weekend coming up- can't wait to visit with my parents!

- that we were able to afford the Dali etching we bought last weekend. DH is going to pick it up today, and I can't wait to hang it up!

- for the Biggest Loser. Though I don't need to lose weight, that show really motivates me to work out and push harder.

Re: Thankful Thursday

• edited December 2011
    I'm thankful for:

-Robitussin DM Max for helping me survive this week.

-4 day weekends, especially when it is supposed to be 80 all weekend!

-My sister/MOH for at least understanding me, even if we may be like oil and water. 

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I am thankful for...
    A long weekend, hopefully, I won't have to do any work!

My boss' dog, which makes my FI and I very happy when we get to dog sit.

My FI, he is too good to me, and we have so much fun!

Payday being tomorrow, much needed.

Icecream cake, I just had a big piece and it was delicious!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -My awesome girlfriends, who took me out to lunch today to celebrate my last week of work.

-Being moved in with FI- it's exciting!

-Going home to Pittsburgh on Sunday for a few days- can't wait to see my family, especially my grandma in Erie.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_thankful-thursday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:dd6580bf-8afa-4f4a-8ba9-2958b672be91Post:1f5db406-37fd-4986-9b8a-a8fb1e974134">Re: Thankful Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]  -Going home to Pittsburgh on Sunday for a few days- can't wait to see my family, especially my grandma in Erie.
    Posted by LaFemmeRousse[/QUOTE]

Ahh, good ol' Erie- I really do miss it (not sure how much I've mentioned this, but went to college there). Have a wonderful trip back, and enjoy Erie for me! I'm excited to go back in Aug. for my friend's wedding- it's been 2 years since I've been there.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I remember that you went to school there!  A bunch of ladies from the board did, right?  (At least the ones who used to post.)

My mom grew up there and my grandma and grandpa and extended family still live there, so we went frequently growing up and at least once or twice a year more recently.  I'm sure this trip will mostly be spent at the hospital visiting my grandma, but it's always nice to go back.

Will school be in session by the time of the wedding you're attending in August?

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Jenn- How is your grandma doing?  Cherish every minute you get to spend with her. I'm sure it will be a nice trip spent with family!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011

Vibes to you, Jenn- I totally forgot. I hope you have a good visit with her.

Yeah, school will be in session, as I believe the wedding is at the end of Aug. I got all excited about it, until I realized we know no one that still goes there, lol. Oh well, it will be nice to walk around town, and maybe visit our old stomping grounds, such as Two Friends.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She's doing ok.  She's actually feeling better since she's been in the hospital since they finally know how to treat her symptoms.  My mom and my uncle have finally convinced them to move down to Pittsburgh, I think, and they're trying to figure out what the best place for them will be, knowing that my grandma will probably need some sort of care from here on out.  It will be good to see them both :)

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Butting in way late: I love erie as well.  I spent a summer there as a summer associate at a law firm.  Fun fun times. 

Enjoy seeing your Grandma!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards