Texas-San Antonio

Eloping...with a twist and need some help

Hey ladies...so I've gone back and forth on wedding plans the past month or so and now it looks to be headed in the serious direction of we're just going to elop and get married! I'm nervous and excited all at once. We live in Laredo right now so for us we would definately want to get married in SA. It may be as soon as 2 or 3 weeks and as late as about 6 weeks if its going to happen. I'm looking for some ideas though:
Any suggestions for places that would be free or super inexpensive for a ceremony? Like a garden or park or somewhere along those lines. We dont really want a church (personal reasons) but it doesn't have to be outside.

Also I want to keep a few traditional touches to the wedding, we are going to try and fly our parents and a couple friends down to be there with us so we'd like to have a small dinner/reception with those people who are able to join us. Now honestly there would be maybe 8-10 people max who would come. Would it be easier to just go to a resturant and reserve a private area to have dinner or would there be somewhere to hold a small private "reception"? We wouldn't need a DJ maybe a caterer? And I would still like a photographer but does anyone know if they would do an even that small?

I guess my brain is going in 100 different directions. Nothing is set in stone but this seems to be the best idea for my fiance and I'm just trying to work out some details and looking for any advice or input from you ladies! Thanks for listening..hope this all made sense!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Eloping...with a twist and need some help

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations!

I'm not sure of the cost, but the San Antonio Botanical Garden is beautiful. http://www.sabot.org/?nd=weddings On that page, they have a section for under 12 people for your ceremony.

Another place I thought of is La Hacienda Los Barrios http://lhdlb.com/home.aspx You could probably have the ceremony and reception at the same place. They have really great Mexican food and it is a beautiful location.

You could reserve a room or table at a restaurant downtown, there are some really great places on the riverwalk. I don't think you'd need a DJ for a reception this small, if you want to go out after there are a lot of clubs/bars here. I'm sure if you can find a photographer that isn't booked, they will do it. I recommend looking at craigslist & googling for any reviews on people you find.

Good luck! There are a lot of other options here, but this is just from the top of my head.
    Always Daddy's Little Girl
    kimdad-2

Mr. vs Mrs. Food Blog
    (Updated 6/12/11, please vote for the next dish!)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the inn at craig place, its a B&B. They take care of just about everything. so u can have ur ceremony and small reception with cake and some food depending on what package u like. This is what me and FI had planned but our guest list kept growing.
    http://www.craigplace.com/?gclid=CMLi9unDqaUCFU1m7Aodn0bEbQ
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • assist68assist68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if I'm too late but my wedding plans are very very similar check out the Japanese tea gardens they're beautiful and free.  plus you could do a small reception at brackenrige park across the street or a nice restaurant near by, plenty to choose from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards