Plus-Sized
Options

one year and...

75 pounds to go. whats bad is i really need to start looking for dresses, but i know going and looking wont do me any good until i am comfortable with myself. does anyone have any tips. I have started eatting healthy and joined a gym, i am just really down on myself still.
November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: one year and...

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I have been trying to lose weight too. I have a bunch of fitness dvds (Biggest Loser/Jillian Michaels/Bob Harper/Jackie Warner etc), zumba (1 and 2) for the wii and I have been tracking what I eat by using the free site myfitnesspal.com. I have a treadmill at home that I use too. I have been thinking about getting a fitbit to track my activity too. So far I have lost 25 pounds. 

This is the longest I have been on a diet and while I have had days where I eat oreos and cake etc. You just have to keep going even if you mess up. If you eat a donut, make sure you exercise that day. Don't give up or get discouraged if the weight isn't coming off as fast as you want. 

I hope that helps. Everyone is different but its pretty simple. Eat right and move more. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    if you need any help at all, feel free to give me a yell over on the GIS board.  There are tons of really smart and helpful ladies over there that can hellp you with any weak point in your fitness/health plan.  Heck, they helped me and are still helping me.

My best tip is that you should hop on a free site like SparkPeople.com and track all your calories.  It was a real eye-opener for me and helped me get my diet on a healthy track.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Zumba2 for the Wii is freaking fun. After watching what I eat and doing Zumba2 for 20 minutes a day, I am down 6 pounds in 3 weeks.

When I get really good, I want to do a class at a gym. Oh, I also am on a co-ed softball team. If you are into any sports, look into your parks department to join a team.
  • Options
    I use  ww.myfitnesspal.com (I also have the ap on my phone) to help track calories.  I can even scan barcodes and it automatically enters the nutritional data for me!  I've lost a little over 25 pounds.

I would say pick a dress that you love yourself in - at your current weight.  (just in case)
    The sales clerk can tell you when you have to have the dress ordered to make sure it gets to you on time. Re-try the dress on a month or so before that date and see what you think. This way you do have some wiggle room - just in case. Best wishes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all. I started using my fitness pal a few days ago and im OBSSESED! Ive also hit the gym 3 days in a row now, big step for me, i feel better about my self already but still afraid to step on a scale because i am not ready for the let down yet.lol
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards