Hawaii

Where did/are you doing your rehearsal dinner in Maui?

we have just under 7 months now and are looking for a venue that is affordable. we were thinking maybe just drink and cocktails at Cafe'O'Lei, but we want to see what others did becasue maybe we are not thinking of a perfect location. We need to keep the cost down since we are paying for everyhting ourselves  and we are expecting about 60 guests. Thanks!

Re: Where did/are you doing your rehearsal dinner in Maui?

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is probably not the most affordable place, but we are having ours at Tommy Bahama's in Wailea.  Our bridal party is all  immediate family with the exception of my MOH, so it will really just be like a family dinner which will be nice since we will have the extended family around for the rest of the festivities. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Quick list of Kihei restaurants that I know overlook the water, all relatively inexpensive to medium priced:

Tommy Bahamas, what used to be Gion Dons, Five Palms, Joes, Threes, There's a new Merriman's bar opening in Wailea, Sorrentos ($$), Longhi's.

TIP: Tommy Bahamas and Longhi's at the Shops at Wailea offer amazing happy hour deals from 3-6.  Like half off drinks and appetizers.  If that's all you're planning on hosting, then that might be a great option.  

There's also the restaurant guide in the Maui Wedding Planning website (link in my siggy)
  • edited December 2011
    I think plumeriapal did hers at the Irish place in Wailea - I think its name is Mulligans!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at the South Shore Tiki Lounge in Kihei.  PIcs and review in bio.  We had a great experience there - the food was pretty good, and the atmosphere was fun and casual, which was just what we wanted.  We really wanted it to be different from our next night at the Five Palms, but still Hawaiian, and were able to do that there.

Now that I think about it, though, 60 people is A LOT for most smaller places like the Tiki Lounge.  You may need to go with a bigger restaurant with a group that large, and if you do, I'd do a happy hour instead of a full dinner - much less expensive.
  • neesa220neesa220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    five palms feels "loungey" and just past their grassy area is a beach...the brunch/lunch prices are pretty decent, their website has full menu options that include pricing.  Sarrento's is a really good italian restaurant also on the beach (in fact next to Five Palms) but they're a little more pricey.  If you're doing just cocktails, then Longhi's has  a cool environment, with a wide open space, decent sized bar and even a couch/lounge area (Plus their pizza bread is AMAZING!)  The only downside to it is that it is in the Shops at Wailea (outdoor mall)...but once you're in the restaurant, you can't really tell you're at a mall.

We are having about 50 people (more of an "out of towners" dinner than a rehearsal dinner) and instead of doing dinner, we're doing a sunset booze cruise where light apps and dinner is included. We wanted to do something for our friends/family that they would likely not do for themselves while they are here on vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards