Honeymoon Discussions

Jamaica, definetly Jamaica!

Finally, FINALLY.... After scrambling around on the internet for weeks, looking at too many things at once, I finally at least nailed down my country of choice.  Jamaica!!  Now my goal this week... Pick my hotel and get the best deal and get it BOOKED!  Hooray!

Anyone have any hotel or area recomendations?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jamaica, definetly Jamaica!

• We went to Couples Negril in March for our HM and we had a great time.  Good food, lots of activities included in the price and the beach was fantastic. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally liked Montego Bay because it's located right between Ocho Rios and Negril, so we were able to take trips to both while we were there and see a lot of the island.  It's also pretty close to the airport so you don't spend a ton of time commuting back and forth.  I would not recommend staying at Sandals Montego Bay, though.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • I'm staying at Sunset Beach Resort in Montego bay.  The reviews online seem to be extreme either way, people love it or hate it.  FI and I are laid back, our only requirements are that there be a beach so I think we'll be fine.  We chose it beacuse it's really inexpensive but still all inclusive and so close to the airport!
  • We went to Sandals Whitehouse because it was more secluded.  We stayed in the Dutch village because we didn't exactly want the party crowd like at the French.  The beach was always raked.  The bartenders were perfect.  The pool was never crowded.  It IS an hour and a half away from the airport, but it's really not that big of a deal and you get to catch a glimpse of the "real" Jamaica. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • couples negril is definitely my choice. great service, lots of activities, good food. dont forget the included sunset catamaran sail and cave snorkling!
  • we love Jamaica!  Sandals all the way!  
  • We just decided on Jamaica as well.  It was a chopice between Sandals Carlyle and Breezes Runaway Bay.  We finally decided on Sandals because of the "Stay at one, play at three" amenity.
  • I recommend that you do NOT go to Sandals Ocho Rios.  Read the full review of it by clicking the link below and scrolling to the bottom.  They were horrible.  Actually, I would recommend not going to Sandals at all because it's not a true luxury resort like they advertise.   
  • Negril has much better beaches than Ocho Rios.  I'm not a huge fan of all inclusives but Sandals Negril is the best one I have been to.  Much better than Sandals Ocho Rios but it still has some issues.  The food will never be 5 star or luxury at an all inclusive so just know what you are going to get before you go. 

If you really want a luxury property, I have heard great things about Round Hill which is about 25 minutes from the airport. 
  • My sister got a great deal to The Caves for her honeymoon last December - the place was AMAZING and is highly rated everywhere!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards