Wedding Etiquette Forum

Newbs?

I feel like I stepped into a time warp.  Who are half of these posters? 

I swear, I read stuff this morning and afternoon but feel so confused right now.

Hola newbs!
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Newbs?

• Hello!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a740c7dd-2bdf-4e49-97bd-c5c20c4caa6cPost:0cc2df75-0eff-46d2-8b05-c36d5d68a93e">Newbs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I stepped into a time warp.  Who are half of these posters?  I swear, I read stuff this morning and afternoon but feel so confused right now. Hola newbs!
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, and you are...? ;)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I feel the same way, Sucrets. I left to eat lunch and run some errands, and I come back and there are more WR posts in a row than I've ever seen and I don't know who anyone is.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Well it is gettin' on to Valentine's Day again...
  • Im nebb, remember me?
  • Yeah, I've been out all day and I don't really have any desire to catch up on today's posts. I feel like I won't be missing much that I'd care about.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Hola, not a newb, but not well known.
  • Honest question....should new people post intros on this board? I never saw anything like that, so I just jumped in a few weeks ago.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a740c7dd-2bdf-4e49-97bd-c5c20c4caa6cPost:918ef6e0-8f64-461c-90df-242e0eff0898">Re: Newbs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honest question....should new people post intros on this board? I never saw anything like that, so I just jumped in a few weeks ago.
    Posted by kmurr010[/QUOTE]
    NO. dont do that. Jumping in is the way to go (youll get made fun of otherwise).
  • beatlesgirl25 - I believe I created that fab quote in your sig.  ;)

nebbulicious - how could I forget you??

alix - good point...

lauren - glad it's not just me!

So, newbs, tell us about yourselves. 

Have you lurked?  How long?
    When did you get anged (engaged)?
    What is a blood elf?
    Do you like The Office?

...and anything else you think would entertain us.  nwr is preferred.

• Totally agree with Nebb, but if you're asked questions, it's rude not to answer.

• Yeah. I wasn't around much last week and this week I've felt out of it. All of the WR posts have been stressing me out because they remind me that I need to get my fuckingass in gear. Fast.
  • I was gone for 4 days, and I come back and get confused.  I don't like it.
  • JK, I've missed you dear. And Sucrets, speaking of blood elves, I showed FI your ticker a little while back, and he thinks it's hilarious.
  • Have you lurked?  How long?
    When did you get anged (engaged)?
    What is a blood elf?
    Do you like The Office?

I've lurked for a while, but was consumed last semester with grad work, that I never posted. I got engaged in September of 2008 and have been planning ever since. I'm assuming a blood elf is a baby...since in all honesty and speaking technically, they are parasites. But I adore babies...don't take that in a bad way! I'm not an office fan.

Oh, and my name is Kelly and I'm working on a bio page!
  • lauren - glad he likes it!  Did you see my original one?  I forget when you started posting...it said "hoping for a baby blood elf".  Someone on the bump asked me what a blood elf was and I had to explain WoW to her.

• There are so many awesome Kenny Powers quotes. My favorite is the standard, "You're fucking out, I'm fucking in. I'm Kenny fucking Powers." I do remember loling (literally, like big ole belly laugh) at the fashionbug comment though. A stalking career sounds fantastic.
  • J&K, according to Cew, there's some really great quizzes online that will tell you anything. So, I bet FB has one to tell you if you're pregnant or not.

:):)
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Aww. Missy, I've missed you.

Lauren, you and me, buddy. Roadtrip!
  • Thanks Missy!  I'm going to look right now ;)

I wanna roadtrip too.  Me too?  Me too?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Hi, swans.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Sure, my darling. We will pick you up on our way out to California. Can you make a shitton of egg salad for the trip? I'll bring the bread.
  • J&K, now that you have your ampersand back, it lessens the hurt I feel at losing P&. ;)
  • I ARE NEWB!!!!!1 LOLOLLOLOLOLOLLl111!

ZOMG.

I'm hopped up on cold medicine.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1.  Have I lurked? All my life
    2.  How long?   All my life
    3.  When did I get engaged?  Somedateinthefuture
    4.  Blood elf is WoWness
    5.  Do you like the Office?  No, work sucks. the show however, LOVE~

J&K- There is an online pregnancy test...shall i find it for you? I took it since I was convinced im pregnant. Turns out im just fat.
  • Aw I wish I had been on earlier when this was all posted.

I lurked for a while. I got engaged December 12, 2009 and kept reading a lot of the articles and advice and flipping through pictures on TK. Took me a while to discover the boards, but I already enjoy lurking/reading all yalls discussions. I have no idea what a blood elf is. Don't watch The Office.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a740c7dd-2bdf-4e49-97bd-c5c20c4caa6cPost:ff0b9297-838b-4d06-8569-78ba3f435188">Re: Newbs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw I wish I had been on earlier when this was all posted. I lurked for a while.<strong> I got engaged December 12, 2009</strong> and kept reading a lot of the articles and advice and flipping through pictures on TK. Took me a while to discover the boards, but I already enjoy lurking/reading all yalls discussions. I have no idea what a blood elf is. Don't watch The Office.
    Posted by sgervais88[/QUOTE]

You got engaged on my wedding day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a740c7dd-2bdf-4e49-97bd-c5c20c4caa6cPost:15e953c2-653c-41e4-a299-a8ecc77b5801">Re: Newbs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbs? : I don't know what the hell you just said, but I'm going to go ahead and take it as an insult just to be on the safe side. Yo momma, heifer!  BRING. IT.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Man, I wish more people took my research as a personal insult... it would make it way more entertaining.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards