Washington-Seattle

Florist, DJ, Decor/Ceremony HELP!!!

Hey girls,

So I'm getting married in June at the W Hotel here in Seattle. I have pretty much everything figured out and the two things that I'm having issues with is Vendors for Flowers and a DJ. I'm also trying to find a decent price for Ceremony decor. The backdrop at the W Hotel is dark brown velvet tall curtains. My colors are Silver, Charcoal, Fuscia and Light Pink, White/Blk too. My dress is my profile pic. I bought tons of 24" cylinder vases to use at my wedding...I want peonies and more modern flowers. I met with 2 gals, Flora Nova, min quote was 4k and Rented Elegance was min 5k up to 8k! That was just for floral, all wedding party, centerpieces, ceremony altar thing...it just seems so expensive to me...anyone else know of any modern florists or anyone using Pike Place flowers??

Thanks for all your help, sorry it's so long, I never come on here so I wanted to get it out all at once!!

Re: Florist, DJ, Decor/Ceremony HELP!!!

• edited December 2011
    i've met with a florist that i really liked but decided that flowers are just not that important to spend a bunch of money on. i'm using pike place flowers. you should meet with sharon d from perfect petal. she is really nice and her prices really can't be beat..

also, we are using jeff hill as our dj. he is a favorite on this board. you should look into him.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    I did look into Jeff Hill, I may set up a meeting with him. I'm really wanting more of a party atmosphere rather than a stuffy wedding...so hopefully that is his style. The gal at the W Hotel recommended Austin Beaver, she said he's great but also comes at a price...ugh, decisions! I wish they all made mini demo tapes to us brides!! Who are you going thru at Pike Pl for your flowers?
  • edited December 2011
    i haven't gone down there and talked to any one because its so far from my wedding. i'll probably head down there after the new year sometime to talk to vendors. i've heard some good stuff from girls on here.

a couple girls mentioned you go down, tell them what you want, and give them a deposit. they'll get everything for you on your day or whenever you want it and then you pay them when you pick everything up.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what she would cost but try Melanie Benson Floral Design @ www.melaniebensonfloral.com
    She did my wedding and is a coworker of mine. She is wonderful to work with.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't done anything about a dj yet, but from my research I'm thinking of using Generation X Productions.  They have good online reviews.  No help w/ a florist, I'm just gonna get a bouquet and nothing else. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using MIki Maxi - she has been super - and she has a lot of great ideas.  http://www.mikisflowers.com/weddings.html

She's also the featured florist at a wedding show at the Georgetown Ballroom in a few weeks - shoot, i can't find the emali with the info.  Anyway, that might be a great way to check out her stuff! 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any of those things booked either, lol.  However, I am DIYing my flowers (either Pike Place or a local dahlia grower), so I'm no help there other than to say that if you think you can do it, DIYing flowers will save you thousands of dollars. 
    I still need a DJ too, and my mom and SIL actually really want us to book Austin Beaver because he did my brother's wedding, and the party WAS incredible.  I'm just not sure the dancing part of my wedding is as important to FI & me to justify his cost.  He is as good as his reputation says though, so if you want to keep people dancing all night, he'd be a good one.  HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have a floral rec for you, but as far as a DJ I'm using Chris Graves of YourSong Entertainment. I too was looking for a party atmosphere and I think he will def'n bring that. He is very cool and lots of fun. I think a few other Seattle Knotties are using him as well. His website is a bit formal looking, but once you talk to him you will realize he's not stuffy at all. From what I understand he is well known in the wedding industry as well. My wedding planner was super excited when she herad he was my DJ.
    HTH. Good luck in your search.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Costco.com for flowers
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am also using Chris Graves for my DJ... for flowers I am using Kendra from Loves me flowers.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • mochikomochiko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am using Kendra with loves me flowers. I love her!!

Another florist I met with and loved who unfortunately had to turn down (too bad you can only pick one!) is Tanya with elements in bloom. Her portfolio has some gorgeous modern bouquets and she is a delight to talk to.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    My friend Jimmy is an AMAZING DJ and incredibly affordable. 

http://www.myspace.com/jimmycafarella
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to be using farmer's market flowers for WP flowers, and I have a family friend doing my centerpieces. As for the DJ, FI and I are it, we're gonna use a laptop as our massive Ipod!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards