Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

To do or not to do is the question .. Dollar dance

Ok here is the deal . I am remarrying my first ex husband . The questions is do we have the dollar dance again ? I am saying no he is saying yes.

Re: To do or not to do is the question .. Dollar dance

• I voted no. If he really wants to do it, let him be the dancer.
  • I'm not a fan of doing it at all.
  • Don't do it. Super rude.
  • The dollar dance is always rude, no matter what number wedding you are on.
  • Honestly, I'm not a fan of the dollar dance, first off.  But if you are marrying the same person again, as a guest, I would be less likely participate in the dollar dance, knowing I did it at your first wedding. 
  • You shouldn't have done it in the first place, so no. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • don't. period.

There is so much that goes on during a wedding anyway, I wouldn't want to interrupt the fun for that.
  • This is obviously not your first marriage, so having the dollar dance is especially tacky.
  • NO.  Congrats on your reconciliation and remarriage, but have a little restraint!  Plus the dollar dance is tacky in general.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_to-do-or-not-to-do-is-the-question-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:005c2d33-2c7a-47ec-8de7-dc81b4029818Post:a90b379d-0c7d-407c-b5f5-01b6d46497c0">Re: To do or not to do is the question .. Dollar dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are you remarrying your ex-husband? And no to the dollar dance.
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

Obviously they decided to give it another shot. My parents married each other twice. It's unusual, but not unheard of.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • It's so romantic getting married a second time after a divorce! But a dollar dance is not romantic, it's a good way to make quick money but if quests don't have any cash on them, do they not get a chance to dance with you? Skip.
  • Your first ex-husband?

And sweet jeebus, NO. NO dollar dance.

• Zero people voted yes, 46 people voted no. I think the answer is pretty clear.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im' voting no too
  • I'll go one further and say no registry either since these people likely gave you gifts the 1st time you married him
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_to-do-or-not-to-do-is-the-question-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:005c2d33-2c7a-47ec-8de7-dc81b4029818Post:38692e86-f329-48bd-8987-8f2d7f5cec6c">Re: To do or not to do is the question .. Dollar dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's so romantic getting married a second time after a divorce! But a dollar dance is not romantic, it's a good way to make quick money but if quests don't have any cash on them, do they not get a chance to dance with you? Skip.
    Posted by rintin10[/QUOTE]

No, it's not a good way to make quick money.

• No. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NOOOOOOOOOOO!  Don't do it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_to-do-or-not-to-do-is-the-question-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:005c2d33-2c7a-47ec-8de7-dc81b4029818Post:a90b379d-0c7d-407c-b5f5-01b6d46497c0">Re: To do or not to do is the question .. Dollar dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are you remarrying your ex-husband? And no to the dollar dance.
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

we marryed the first time when we both were very younf and started a family very young years have past and we have both realized that we were meant for each other.
  • So thanks for the support ladies I have one and there is NO dollar dance..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards