Not Engaged Yet
Options

TGIF

I woke up in a crabby mood again today, but at least it's Friday.

To get myself in a better mood I just imagined BF & I being in Paris together.  What do you do to get out of crabby moods?

Any good plans for the weekend? I have to be the theater tonight to run the house for the show going on.  Then we don't have too much planned other than more packing.  Saturday we are making our own pizza for dinner.  Nothing too exciting, but looking forward to it anyway. 

Anniversary

Re: TGIF

• Options
    Happy Friday! Despite getting out of bed 45 mins early this morning I ran late, hit traffic, and ended up in a crabby mood too. But tonight I get to see BF so that got me out of the mood pretty quickly :) This weekend I'm staying with BF and will drop in to see my family.
    Paris would be lovely...maybe I should think of that sometimes! Are you vacationing or moving?
  • Options
    I eat.  And eat. And eat.  And I indulge in excessive t.v. watching. These aren't exactly healthy responses to being crabby, but sometimes, it's just what I've got.
  • Options
    I woke up tired but in a pretty good mood. It feels like Monday for me (I left work at 9am on Wednesday & was off yesterday for my mom's graduation) so I think the fact that it's actually Friday is helping :)

Tonight FI & I are going out for sushi & then renting a movie (Safe House, I think, has anyone seen it?). 

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to show my MOH my wedding dress in person. I'm so excited for someone to see it IRL finally! Tomorrow night I'm going out for drinks with Jorja!

Sunday hopefully FI will head to the beach for a bit. I need a tan desperately! And I made massage appointments for us for that night which I'm also in desperate need of. 

I'm happy for this weekend :)

• Options
    I go for a walk to get out of crabby moods. Or I think about puppies. I'm not kidding - I think about puppies and how cute and carefree they are, and how everyone loves puppies and it gives me the warm fuzzies and I can't help but smile. 

This website helps: http://www.dailypuppy.com/

As for the weekend, we might go to the lake to spend some time on the beach. FI and his friend can fish, and I can lay out and read. I hope the beautiful weather will hold up! 

Sunday (Father's Day) is a little tough for me because my dad's been gone for 4 years. I remember the first Father's Day without him was two months to the day after he died. I was forced to go to a party with my mom, brother and grandparents. I sat in the corner all day, didn't eat, didn't speak to anyone and didn't let anyone speak to me. 

I'm getting better with dealing with it, especially because I spend it with FI's family or with my grandpa.

FI's birthday lands on Father's Day this year, but we're waiting for Monday to celebrate. Well, it'll be a 2-for-1 celebration - for his birthday and my first day of work! We're going out to dinner (his choice) and then going to see Rock of Ages (my choice).

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    Rdr, safe house is sooo good! It's very intense. The end you'll be like....wha? I woke up super abby because FI made me get out of bed first and I was furious. Livid, one might say. It lasted for about an hour and a half, then he got upset and I realized I didn't want to spend one of our only days together mad at each other. I out my big girl panties on and apologized. I had to reschedule our trip this weekend because all of my drivers bailed on me yesterday and we only had four kids signed up. That kinda sucks, but I will get a chance to rest, which will be nice. Oh, and I get to do laundry, clean, and pack. Yay.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    I hope your day gets better Danser!  When I'm in a bad mood I turn on my favorite shows to watch and makes me feel better when I laugh.  As for my weekend, I'm off to becoming a toasty coconut.
  • Options

pink - bf is moving in with me, hence all the packing.  I wish it was a vacation!!

cunning-  I've been crabby on and off this whole week it's not even PMS.  All I've wanted is a cupcake.  I think I really need one this weekend.  I tried to be good about food though, may be indulging this week will help.  I have an idea of why I'm so crabby, but ah well.

A massage sounds wonderful right now rdr.  Have fun and enjoy!

Anniversary

• Options
    Boo about the crabby mood. Hopefully moving in comes fast enough :)

I love to craft when I'm in a down mood. It's my therapy. 
  • Options
    Have a great time Lyn and a safe flight.
    I know once I see BF later I'll feel better and have a lot more to focus on and be happy about.  He has this effect of grounding me and making me realize sometimes what I'm crabby about isn't worth it.

Anniversary

• Options
    I eat when I'm in a horrible mood as well. Such a bad habit.

We're going to our camp for the weekend. I'm pretty sure I said this earlier in the week, but I love escaping our iphones, TV, and computer. SIL, BIL, two of H's cousins and their SOs are coming as well. Should be a fun time :)
    5/27/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:26385293-bcdc-4231-a608-75048f6901a1Post:d48a7850-c678-4eb3-a5da-bc45f10a4354">Re:TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Rdr, safe house is sooo good! It's very intense. The end you'll be like....wha?</strong> I woke up super abby because FI made me get out of bed first and I was furious. Livid, one might say. It lasted for about an hour and a half, then he got upset and I realized I didn't want to spend one of our only days together mad at each other. I out my big girl panties on and apologized. I had to reschedule our trip this weekend because all of my drivers bailed on me yesterday and we only had four kids signed up. That kinda sucks, but I will get a chance to rest, which will be nice. Oh, and I get to do laundry, clean, and pack. Yay.
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>Awesome! Thanks :)</div>

• Options
    psubride09psubride09 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I was in a crabby mood this morning as well- stems from the horrible commute in DC.  

But I do get to spend the entire weekend with the fiance just running errands.  And we so rarely get to do that, so it feels special.  Plus he is leaving for a month next Saturday, so I'm trying to really enjoy our togetherness before I'm back to being the bitter med school widow.
    "You're not my life but you're the one I want to spend it with. You're not my world but you're the best thing in it."
  • Options
    Danser55- I do recommend do whatever you have to to take that trip to Paris.  It is the most romantic, beautiful city in the world.  And it's impossible not to fall further in love when you're there.
    "You're not my life but you're the one I want to spend it with. You're not my world but you're the best thing in it."
  • Options
    so glad it's Friday!  H and I are going with a couple and his little bro to eat at a local Mexican place that is just fantastic.  I've talked about it before.  so I'm excited for that tonight!

I talked to my boss about my surgery and surprisingly she was fine with it.  I had a doctor's request for teleworking from home for 6-8 weeks after the surgery, so it'll be nice not to feel pressure about getting on my feet before I'm ready.  I'm wearing a new shirt (thanks Target clearance!) and it's got gold sequins.  so it's a good day.  ;)
  • Options
    I had a really weird dream last night that H and I were in New York and some punk teenagers stole my boots but then I found them, and I kept thinking I needed to text Yaga and let her know I was in NYC. Yeah, weird.

My alarm went off in the middle of that, so I was a zombie this morning. I can't wait for today to be over. Then I can look forward to being in Vegas tomorrow evening.
  • Options
    When I'm in a crabby mood I feel like being lazy, but being lazy puts me into an even more crabby mood so I try to force myself to be active. I try to do something that makes me feel like I am being productive.

Despite knowing that, I somtimes just eat and couch potato out and watch really bad movies or reality TV until the mood passes.

Oh and I saw Safe House too - good movie. I think you'll really like it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh vegas sounds like fun, what for?
    I'm going to Vegas for the first time in September and can't wait!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:26385293-bcdc-4231-a608-75048f6901a1Post:59040bed-0011-4103-8a87-51165ad33a81">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh vegas sounds like fun, what for? I'm going to Vegas for the first time in September and can't wait!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Cause I love it, and it's an easy trip from here.  =)

We're going to hang at the pool, eat at buffets, and go see a show (Jubilee).
  • Options
    sounds like a lot of fun! Have a good time!

Anniversary

• Options
    I think you should have a cupcake, danser. I might also have a cupcake. Or just an entire cake. I'm flexible.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:26385293-bcdc-4231-a608-75048f6901a1Post:e45f31d8-5e73-4a0c-aed2-b4c1572fd3e9">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should have a cupcake, danser. I might also have a cupcake. Or just an entire cake. I'm flexible.
    Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]
    Could we meet up in the middle somewhere and share some cake, lol?

I think on my way over to the BF's I'll have to pick up some cupcakes.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:26385293-bcdc-4231-a608-75048f6901a1Post:aa5a60d4-5c1e-481d-90c7-118c8ebb5225">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]so glad it's Friday!  H and I are going with a couple and his little bro to eat at a local Mexican place that is just fantastic.  I've talked about it before.  so I'm excited for that tonight! I talked to my boss about my surgery and surprisingly she was fine with it.  I had a doctor's request for teleworking from home for 6-8 weeks after the surgery, so it'll be nice not to feel pressure about getting on my feet before I'm ready.  I'm wearing a new shirt (thanks Target clearance!) and it's got gold sequins.  so it's a good day.  ;)
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

Which one?? I need new restaurant suggestions!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Jordan - Pepe Delgado's.  it's in Norman, Campus Corner.  H freaks out over it, we love it.  he says it tastes like real Mexican food is supposed to taste...  and not covered in cheese.  he and the owner are pretty friendly now, so we always get a good table.  :)  we visit all kinds of places around here so I have PLENTY of suggestions.  have you been to Cafe7?  it's on your side of town.  I love Cafe7.  and Gigi's cupcakes!

if you like Greek, there's a little Greek place on SW 59th, Bella Vista.  they close for part of the summer, but it is just out of this world.  they do Italian too.

and there's Victoria's Pasta House on Campus Corner in Norman too.  it's legendary.

I love to go eat.  can you tell?

ETA:  omg, and Big Truck Tacos.  I'm obsessed.  completely obsessed.  any excuse to go there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:26385293-bcdc-4231-a608-75048f6901a1Post:c3f57aaa-f176-44c7-868f-6614d819cf91">TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I woke up in a crabby mood again today, but at least it's Friday. To get myself in a better mood I just imagined BF & I being in Paris together.  
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds amazing! I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to go to Paris. </div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I've been three times, it's been almost 4 yrs since I've been last.  I want to take BF soon.  To each his own but I love it there.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards