Texas-Austin

Marriage License & County Name

I know that I can get my marriage license in any county in Texas (regarless of what county I am getting married in), but was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this:

If I get a marriage license in Young County but am getting married in Bastrop County, will the marriage license say anything about Young County?  I think at the top of the license it shows the county, but is that the county where you applied for the license or where you are actually getting married?

Has anyone applied in one county and married in another, that can look at your marriage license?

Re: Marriage License & County Name

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a good question. I wish I knew the answer since I am getting it in one and married in another too. I figure the quickest way to find out is call and ask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Here is the response from the Young County Clerk:

The top of the License says “Young County” big and bold. Then if you ever need a certified copy of your license you will have to get it here in this county.
    Let me know if you need anything else.
  • edited December 2011
    The marriage license will have the name of the county you got it from - not where you are getting married.
  • a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our license in WIlliamson County but were married in Hays County. My first marriage had a license from Dallas County but we married in Bastrop County (and we divorced in WIlliamson!). It doesn't matter...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    ACD-- you are already divorced??
  • a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_marriage-license-county-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:8d2b07a2-0f6d-417f-8ead-d071651efac9Post:1416867b-0d8b-4975-877a-d2f14552d1fb">Re: Marriage License & County Name</a>:
    [QUOTE]ACD-- you are already divorced??
    Posted by BabyBlueNTexas[/QUOTE]

LOL... yes but that was a while ago. (I used to be Knottie/Nestie aj_wed.) I just recently remarried (April) and I am happily married!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards