Wedding Etiquette Forum

Afternoon

Hi guys. 

I'm wrapping some gifts for a shower tomorrow (for the Hooters wedding, naturally), and then going out with some friends from high school tonight. 

What's everyone up to today?

Re: Afternoon

• H is out golfing in the 100 deg heat.  I am coloring my hair in between housecleaning and prepping for the arrival of mom in a couple of days.  We had bad storm last Sunday and the area we live in was hit pretty bad.  We were also out of power for a few days so everything got put behind schedule.
  • Leisel I just wanted to say that your pic is gorgeous! I've seen your dress pics during your alterations and it's so wonderful that everything turned out great! I'm so happy for you and your hubby!

• Watching Mythbusters and playing Bejeweled on my iPad.
  • I'm not a fan of golf in general, but I can't imagine golfing in this heat. It makes me want to just stay inside all day.

Jordan, thanks! I was really happy with how the dress turned out. 
  • LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Edie, that's good to hear your computer's fixed. I think something is wrong with the speakers on mine, I may have to take it in to get looked at one of these days.
  • Yep. But we don't have an Apple store around here so I may wait until we move and have it checked out at the store down there. If I watch a movie or something on my computer, it plays music and background sounds extremely loud, and dialogue very quietly. Music all comes out fine, so it could just be the movies I'm watching or something. But it's never done that before so I'm wondering if I messed up the speaker settings some how. 
  • Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Leisel You look absolutely stunning in your picture! Has your photographer posted any of your wedding photos on their blog yet? You were saying they said they were going to by the end of this week. I work till 6 today and then no plans after, probably just clean and watch some Netflix. We might go see a movie. We finally don't have plans for the weekend, besides work, after the longest time.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, shower rod and curtain fell down while I was rinsing hair color out so I had to finish the job putting my head under the tub faucet.  The tension rod has lost its tension.
  • Hello.

I'm just hanging around today. Trying to get the dog to eat something, but he's refusing. I'm praying he'll eat later, but even if he does I'm calling the vet Monday morning.

Where are you moving to Leisel?
  • Marrin, that does not sound fun. 

Dileni - thank you! They mentioned that they would try to get some pictures up by the end of the week, but our contract doesn't actually say they'll be up until the end of next week. I have a feeling they got too busy with other projects and are just going to wait until the contracted date to post them. I'm very anxious to see some photos though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
  • Sara, I'm starting law school at the University of Illinois in August, so we're moving down there in 3 weeks. 
  • Congrats on starting law school - that's so exciting.

I just got home from the grocery store. I bought some peach sorbet that tastes just like I'm eating a frozen peach with a spoon. Mmmmm. I also got some fruit salad with strawberries, kiwi, and pineapple.
  • Exciting! :)

Marrin, OMG, that sucks. Although the thought of it crashing down in the middle of a shower is a bit amusing.
  • Hey.  I blew my nose earlier and my ear popped really bad and made me so dizzy I fell over.  I'm not driving up to MSP to see Poli because I'm still a little dizzy off and on :(  We're thinking about going to see a movie later, but we'll see.  I'm pretty wiped.  Right now I'm configuring my GPS watch and wishing I didn't feel crappy so I could use it, because it is SO nice out.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Mm, I love peach sorbet. That sounds positively delicious. 

Yeah, I'm excited to start law school. It wasn't my first choice school, but I did my undergrad at U of I, so I know the area well and it makes things much easier on H regarding his career. I think it'll be good :)
  • Oh jeez, J. I hope you feel better!
  • J, having your ears pop when blowing your nose is the worst. I hope the dizziness doesn't last long.
  • I'm so stuffy but I'm a little nervous to blow it again!  Poor nose. 

Sara, what's wrong with your pup?

marrin, I hate when that happens!  Stupid shower curtain rod.

• Peach sorbet does sound good.

Sara - yeah, afternoon is going to hell in a handbasket it seems.  Think it's time to just let it go and pick up some peach sorbet :)

Leisel - good luck at school and with the move.

J&K - ear drum rupture?

Temps are falling here.  It was 98 earlier this afternoon and now it's 90.  I do believe a front is coming through.
  • Yikes J - feel better soon. What movie are you guys considering seeing?

Leisel - Law school wasn't your first choice or U of I wasn't your first choice?
  • J, he has cancer. We found out he had a tumor the size of a baseball in his abdomen a few weeks ago, and that it was cancerous. He's almost 10, and has always been skinny and not a big eater. But lately, he hasn't been eating much. They wanted to remove the tumor and do chemo, but we don't want to put him through all that. I'm hoping he'll start feeling a little better, but we'll have to put him down if he get worse. :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d351f182-062f-42f1-8b10-64df050d1d5bPost:83667cd7-a187-48c1-94fc-3748de0259f4">Re: Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yikes J - feel better soon. What movie are you guys considering seeing? Leisel - Law school wasn't your first choice or U of I wasn't your first choice?
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>U of I wasn't my first choice. I've been planning on going to law school since 6th grade, haha. </div>
  • I'm so sorry about your pup, Sara.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d351f182-062f-42f1-8b10-64df050d1d5bPost:e6cca7e7-3fb2-475b-bc57-c88854265400">Re: Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, he has cancer. We found out he had a tumor the size of a baseball in his abdomen a few weeks ago, and that it was cancerous. He's almost 10, and has always been skinny and not a big eater. But lately, he hasn't been eating much. They wanted to remove the tumor and do chemo, but we don't want to put him through all that. I'm hoping he'll start feeling a little better, but we'll have to put him down if he get worse. :(
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm so sorry to hear that. Poor puppy : (</div>
  • Oh no, Sara :(  I'm so sorry.

Marrin, I don't think so, because it doesn't hurt.  It was scary though--that was my first thought.

Now I'm irritated because I'm trying to install the ANT software for my Forerunner and the site says it requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later.  That's what I have.  When I downloaded it and tried to open it, it says it needs Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or later.  Really, guys?

• Oh, and Poke, if we do see a movie, it will be Savages.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d351f182-062f-42f1-8b10-64df050d1d5bPost:cf2a534f-a5f7-4388-9349-0d84d19b23ff">Re: Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no, Sara :(  I'm so sorry. Marrin, I don't think so, because it doesn't hurt.  It was scary though--that was my first thought. Now I'm irritated because I'm trying to install the ANT software for my Forerunner and the site says it requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later.  That's what I have.  When I downloaded it and tried to open it, it says it needs Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or later.  Really, guys?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>J, I'd be so annoyed by that.</div>
  • That looks good. It got a 6.5 on IMDB, which isn't too bad. 
  • Sara, I am so sorry to hear about your pup. :-(

H and I spent the day getting tires put on his truck.  The tread came off one of the tires last night as he was driving home on the highway late at night.  We got them all replaced today, to the tune of $650.  Ouch.  At least he only has had to buy new tires every 10-11 years because he drives so little!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sara, I'm so sorry about your puppy :

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards