Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Calligraphy

Whats a good price to pay for someone to write per envelope in Calligraphy? whats a good price & what is considered too much?

Re: Calligraphy

• Options
    The ones I was browsing on etsy.com ranged from around $1.50 to $4 per envelope. The $4 was for writing on both an inner and outer envelope, I didn't see any more than $3 per env. for writing on just the outer envelope. 
  • Options
    Oh i got a price qoute for $1.75 for both inner & outer envelopes .. thank you
  • Options
    Whats the rules on using printed out address labels for the names instead of calligraphy?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_calligraphy-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:cca28613-496c-4afa-abf2-5cc3c36690daPost:395529f7-1773-4d36-8ad8-587dd239850b">Re: Calligraphy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whats the rules on using printed out address labels for the names instead of calligraphy?
    Posted by OrtiqueWedding[/QUOTE]
    Since you asked...
    <div>The official rule is no address labels. You don't have to hire a calligrapher though - nice handwriting will do. The main rule is that social correspondence deserves a handwritten address, because it's just more personal. </div><div>
    </div><div>People here have fed their envelopes through a printer and traced over with a nice pen, just plain printed them, and I'd say last in line is labels. In the grand scheme of things, it's probably not that critical, but labels scream "business mail" to me. </div>
  • Options
    No labels, they're for junk mail.

If you need a reasonable calligrapher, PM me and I'll answer in the morning

night ladies!
  • Options
    I went on the hunt for a calligrapher in Ma - the prices really range as does the style. So look at sites and find the style you like the best and if you want a different color other than black they may charge extra. The prices I received started at $1.50 for an envelope set (outer and inner) to $4.75 envelope set. The one I went with is $2.50 a set we are using dark blue ink at no extra charge - going with copperplate style lettering. this is the site I used there is someone from CT on there. But they also work through the mail. Hope this helps.

http://www.masscribes.org/need.htm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards