Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Just say it will be ok

I'm just shooting for validation here and some rainbow puppies because Dh is at work and I'm incredibly frustrated and feeling defeated.

As some of you know Dh and I started house hunting back in June, put in a house offer in August only to lose it during the inspection (Thank God) and kept looking. We put in an offer for a short sale house in mid September. So everything initially went through fine and the bank was coming up to the end of their 30 day deadline to accept or reject our offer. So the bank calls our agent today and says "yeah, we've been busy, it will take another 30 days before we'll have an answer for you."
So no house before Christmas and at this rate we'll be getting the tax credit in April of 2011, which is not nearly as helpful as next April.

Re: Just say it will be ok

• Options
    How frustrating.  I'm sorry you're going through that mess, and I wish you a speedy (well, from now, anyway) answer and hope you can get into a new house soon!
  • Options
    Katie, it'll be okay.  I hope things work out for you soon!
  • Options
    Stories like this scare me, and make me want to rent a house/live in an appartment forever...that is, of course, until I realize how much we've spent on rent in the last three years alone.

Hopefully they get their act together, Katie!! Maybe it will come just in time for Christmas?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It would make a nice Christmas present :)
    I love Dh, I texted him the news and he just called to say "stop worrying" and that he's calling our agent to get the whole story. Apparently I tend to get emotional and worried over things (me? never....)
    Apparently our sellers lender is super pissed right now. The bank agreed to the short sale for the seller because he can't afford to pay the mortgage for more months than December, so this is hurting him a ton financially.
  • Options
    I hope things work out for you soon too. 

The waiting can be very frustrating.  These short sales can take a long time to complete for some reason. 

About the tax credit.  Could you amend your taxes for the credit if you have to file before you close?
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the taxes, but that would be nice.
    Dh pointed out that 8k is 8k, whether we get it this April of next, it will still be useful...which is true.
    And apparently he just talked to our landlord who said he will wait until spring to start showing our apartment, so even though we're doing month to month (to our benefit) we don't have to worry about him saying "you have a month to get a new place".

and on an emotional upswing..I just found my niece Z's present for $10 off, wohoo!
  • Options
    It is frustrating, but banks do tend to delay settlement! I'm sure that you'll be in there before you know it!
  • Options
    I'm crossing my fingers for you love, you know I am :)
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Whit, if they keep up we're going to have permanently crossed fingers!

I think you need to come visit me if/when we get this house :)
  • Options
    I know you've told me before,. but where exactly will it be? PM me if you'd rather.
  • Options
    Far away from Tennessee :( Winchester Virginia
  • Options
    Well boo :(
  • Options
    Definitely! Vacay!
  • Options

Are you talking about the first time homeowner's credit? I think if you don't close until next year, try to file an extension before April 15th and then file your taxes after you close before Oct. 15th.

• Options
    Be patient and remember that you're getting a great deal. I got an amazing deal on my house and I LOVE it but it definitely took the bank forever to respond and I had to make tons of bids before I finally got a bite.  It's worth being patient though. It really pays off. 
  • Options
    I'm probably too late, and this thread is dead, but I want to add that even if you close after the first of the year, I'm pretty sure you can still claim the stimulus credit on your 2009 taxes.  Check with your tax man. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry katie :( You'll get a house I promise! I hope everything works out for you!
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    That is good news that we should hopefully still be able to get the tax credit. Hey, at least they extended it right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards