Indiana-Indianapolis

David's Bridal alteration

My dress alteration is at David's Bridal in Greenwood next month. Has anyone gotten their alterations done there? Any tips?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: David's Bridal alteration

• I got mine done at the Greenwood location - what do you want to know?
    Anniversary image

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_davids-bridal-alteration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:611Discussion:35a3cfcb-2c79-499c-8e1c-f110bf7cec85Post:093ce785-b715-47da-a6e4-6e9953b1f1b7">Re: David's Bridal alteration</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got mine done at the Greenwood location - what do you want to know?
    Posted by athlete010688[/QUOTE]
    That's where I'm going! How long did it take them? How much was the cost? I had to order my dress a little big so I know they will have to cut it down.
  • Ahh!  TK ate my response.  It took them about 1 1/2 months. My total cost was $250...which included shortening the halter, adding a bustle, and hemming the dress.  Keep in mind, you may have to do multiple fittings.  I needed them to correct the hem when I went back the first time.  They had shortened the dress too much for my liking.
    Anniversary image

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• I bought my dress at the Castleton store and will not be getting my alterations done there. I found a woman named Susan who is a seamstress here on the north side and she did my bustle and hem line for $60. It also only took her two weeks bc she works on one dress at a time. Just an idea but if you're in a hurry, don't go there, find someone more local and experienced.
  • Thanks ladies! My date isn't until next year so I set my appt for Oct :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_davids-bridal-alteration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:35a3cfcb-2c79-499c-8e1c-f110bf7cec85Post:ca3e3f9f-e844-444c-9b9a-2854c0240b2d">Re: David's Bridal alteration</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my dress at the Castleton store and will not be getting my alterations done there. I found a woman named Susan who is a seamstress here on the north side and she did my bustle and hem line for $60. It also only took her two weeks bc she works on one dress at a time. Just an idea but if you're in a hurry, don't go there, find someone more local and experienced.
    Posted by BTBKatie2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Can you give me Susan's info or how to find her? I am on the NE side and she sounds like what I am looking for! </div>
  • I bought my dress at the Castleton store and will not be getting my alterations done there. I found a woman named Susan who is a seamstress here on the north side and she did my bustle and hem line for $60. It also only took her two weeks bc she works on one dress at a time. Just an idea but if you're in a hurry, don't go there, find someone more local and experienced.
    @BTBKatie2012 may I also have the contact info for Susan? I would love to get in contact with her and that's where I live too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards