Arizona-Tucson

Dealing with your toddler at your own wedding?

Hi.  I'm new to this site.  I've read some great tips on other subjects.  Hoping to get some advice.  We're getting married in April in Tucson and our son will be about 15 months old at that point.  We love him dearly and definitely feel it will be special to have him with us, but how do we deal with him being taken care of?  Both grandmothers have significant physical limitations and all our best friends that we trust to take care of him are in the wedding party. 

If you had a small child while planning your wedding can you please tell me how you managed to have your big day and still be a good mom?

Thanks so much in advance.  I look forward to reading your responses.

BTW:  Bev Osby is an inside joke name between me and my best friend. 

Re: Dealing with your toddler at your own wedding?

• edited December 2011
    Do you have relatives that you trust? Aunts, uncles, cousins, or siblings?
    Wedding Planning Bio/Blog Here Updated as of 2/1/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    All will be traveling from out of town.  I'm unsure how to broach the subject.  But not a bad idea.  My brother and his wife might be willing.  We were thinking about hiring a sitter.  We live in Phoenix but have friends in Tucson that may be able to suggest someone. 

We were thinking about the wedding night, too.  We want him to stay with a trusted person or sitter in the same hotel.

It's wonderful to have him and we love him and each other dearly.  But I must say, this is not how I pictured my wedding day: wrangling a toddler or having someone scream mommy.  I'm 36 so this has been a long time coming.

Doing my best to stay focused on all the wonder and joy he's brought to our lives.  Just want to plan WAY ahead for any contingencies as it's already a known high stress day. 

Thanks for the idea.  It's nice to have this forum to chat.  When is your wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    I understand where you are coming from. My fiance and I are getting married next year, and we have a toddler as well. She will be almost 4 by the time the wedding rolls around. Luckily my parents will be able to watch her :) If not, we have other relatives that can watch her for us. Goodluck :)
    Wedding Planning Bio/Blog Here Updated as of 2/1/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck to you too.  It will all work out the way it's supposed to.  Hope you guys have an amazing day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards