Louisiana-New Orleans

No dressing room at venue? (Audubon Clubhouse)

Delurking! You ladies have all been a huge help already. Nice to meet you!

I am leaning pretty heavily toward the Audubon Clubhouse, but there's no getting-ready room. Anyone else have a venue like that? Even this one specifically? How did you handle it? Get ready in the hotel suite, then sit in a car and pop out at the last second? It's an outdoor ceremony (in theory).

I've heard nothing but good things about this place, and this certainly isn't a dealbreaker, but I'm kind of baffled - how do you make a grand entrance without somewhere to enter from?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: No dressing room at venue? (Audubon Clubhouse)

• I didn't even consider getting ready at my venue.  I got ready at the Omni Royal Orleans.

I think you'll have a grand entrance no matter what.  I always love the shots of the bride getting out of the limo with her father at the ceremony location.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_no-dressing-room-at-venue-audubon-clubhouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:caed3dd7-608b-41a5-a041-f11cf2e55434Post:c3552f64-2689-4665-8583-02d4c1c61019">Re: No dressing room at venue? (Audubon Clubhouse)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't even consider getting ready at my venue.  I got ready at the Omni Royal Orleans. I think you'll have a grand entrance no matter what.  I always love the shots of the bride getting out of the limo with her father at the ceremony location.
    Posted by louisianablue[/QUOTE]

I agree!
  • Hi there! Just had my wedding there last weekend. We got ready at a house we rented in the Garden District and then we waited in the Clubroom until the guests were seated. It was very cool to wait there cause I could watch the guests being seated. Venue is absolutely amazing!!! If you want more info, ideas, or to see pics email me at shaylapetties20@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards