New York-New York City

Water's Edge

Hello,

Has anyone ever been to the Water's Edge in Long Island City?  I just got engaged and I fell in love with thier website.

Re: Water's Edge

• agrrl4itzagrrl4itz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there this past March. Its a really beautiful place and seems tucked away in its own little corner on the water. I remember the food being good and plentiful, the view was also awesome. My only complaint about it is that the transition in between the ceremony to cocktail hour took FOREVER (20+ min) bc of traffic...you have to go from one floor up to downstairs, and the stairway was narrow. One elevator ran that could only hold about six people. If you are having your ceremony in a church or temple, this wont be an issue.
  • mcaramico730mcaramico730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  We are getting married in church, but that is great to know!
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the venue also but the cocktail hour is in the same room as the reception.  They cut off the room, which is fine.  But then while they transition it to the reception the guests are stuck waiting in a little foyer.  They also do cocktail hour on a boat
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pappassarapappassara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in Feb 2012 and our cocktail hour is downstairs in the restaurant.  I think it depends on the number of guests you are expecting - we have about 200.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing our reception there. The restaurant is for cocktail; the reception hall for dinner and dancing! I am going to checkout out having the cocktail on the boat though, did not know that was an option.
  • mcaramico730mcaramico730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you say the cocktail hour is in the resturant, do you mean that there is a section that is hidden, or can my guests see the diners while they eat?
  • positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely, the cocktail is downstairs and there's a piano - you could have someone play.  They have piano upstairs also.  And if its summer or spring or fall you can use the terrace outside for cocktail also.
    GREAT venue
  • edited December 2011
    On Sunday the restaurant is closed to host weddings. There will be no diners there, just us!
  • anniebeewedanniebeewed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this venue! Gorgeous view, lots of sunlight, doesn't feel like the regular event halls in Long Island or Queens. Good luck with the planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in January and it's absolutely beautiful.  They have been easy to work with the entire time.

I hadn't heard of the cocktail hour ever being in the same room; ours is downstairs in the restaurant.  We are getting married on a Friday, so they do end up allowing diners in the restaurant.  It's set up so that the restaurant doesn't open until cocktail hour is over and everyone is upstairs for the reception.  There should be no overlap!

Good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    We were married there and we had our cocktail hour downstairs prior to the restaurant opening for dinner.  We started the ceremony 1/2 hour earlier (the ceremony was at 4:30 or 5 and this allowed us to have the entire downstairs for the cocktail hour.  It was just wonderful and we did not have the issue of crowding or uncomfortable transition to the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards