Snarky Brides

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:1ddccdf8-63f1-4aab-9aae-78f1ed9b808d">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh. Well I love those too. I got thrown off by the idea of a used cat lot.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

I keep trying not to giggle in class at this phrase, haha. I feel it will attract attention to me and I don't want to participate!

Along the lines of parking garage arms, I always have this irrational fear that it will come down too early and smash my car.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:6e3d02a3-19f1-430f-a1ee-1fbe38dc8701">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Thoughts : Don't forget Little Ceasar's.

Ah yes of course.  I forgot about Little Ceasar's. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:2a0d58f0-a620-402a-98eb-f8c4f993e8f9">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Thoughts : I love me some Black Keys. I saw them at a small show a few years ago and it was fantastic. I wish I had been in a better place at the time to enjoy it more but they were still great live.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    I think I might buy tickets to see them in DC with my brother and his girlfriend.  I was waiting to see when one of my exams would be, but it's a few weeks after the concert date, so I believe it's time for a road trip.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• That reminds me. 1 month till I see the black keys!!!!!! !!!!!! !
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:19c5d0f0-cb14-457c-8671-f1a7244c7a6d">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always wonder why certain things taste better when my mom, or H's mom, make them.  I follow the exact same recipe.  Does it really taste better or do we just think it does b/c it was made by our moms?
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I think this is the "food always tastes better when you don't have to make it yourself" scenario. I can make some amazing food, following the recipes my mom gave me as well. But by the time I have to eat it, I am already sick of it, 90% of the time.
  • Musu, I'm always scared they won't OPEN at all and I'll be stuck. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:f904ebac-b685-48c7-90f7-660755d4c5a2">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]That reminds me. 1 month till I see the black keys!!!!!! !!!!!! !
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    If I go next month, I will see them 5 days before you!

• I'm mad that Steph only pays $3.50 for a box of thin mints.  Damn girl scouts charge $4.00 a box out here. 
  • I spend lots of time thinking about useless and unproductive things.

-Sometimes I imagine myself as a character in a book, and I wonder what sort of person my author is. Is it a dude, or a girl? Do they hate me, or want to give me a happy ending? Then I realize my author is a freakin genius because this is one complicated novel with lots of characters.

-Where might I find a fairie? THis is on my bucket list, to find and talk to one. I imagine they are only found in magical places, so I need to locate one of those.

-The ocean is the scariest place in the word. It's so deep, and dark, and has these massive creatures waiting to suck you down to the deepest depths. The things that wash up on shore give me nightmares and thinking about them makes my heart race. But I do it anyway.

-Sometimes I like to just look up at the sky and try to imagine angels or gods. I don't believe in them, but I like to think about their existence. How high up are they? Are they up or down, or just a different plane of existence?
  • Only if you buy me a private jet, J&K. Flying back and forth on Delta is a no-go for me. :)

Wacky wavy inflatable arm flailing tube man! (someone get that)
  • There's a banner across from my desk and it has a picture of two little girls eating lunch together and they are sharing food. Their sandwich halves don't match up and it irritates me every day. Every day.
  • Nebb you will love the show, they are awesome! Ash I hope you get to see them.

Jess I am scared of that too. Only with the ones without an attendant, of course.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:8b36f5db-f06b-4efb-b531-9d9744ae7bff">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musu, I'm always scared they won't OPEN at all and I'll be stuck. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

One time, I got trapped in a car wash. NEITHER garage would open.  Probably one of the most terrifying 5 minutes of my life, no lie.  I sat there trying to figure out what to do, CONVINCED that if I got out of my car to use the little pedestrian exit, the car wash would turn back on and suffocate me in nasty-smelling pink and blue soap foam.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:19a77646-5df0-40cd-86cb-3c604db38f72">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Only if you buy me a private jet, J&K. Flying back and forth on Delta is a no-go for me. :) <strong>Wacky wavy inflatable arm flailing tube man! (someone get that)</strong>
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    I get it!  I can just never remember the order of the words.

• Sometimes i like to sing the sunglasses song whoopie sings in corinna corinna. I love that song.
  • I'm going to get my hair cut in an hour.  I can't decide if I want side swept bangs or not.  I keep going back and forth on this.

• edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:9246de1f-7e67-42cf-8f02-436ba3dc8f7a">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]So in the winter I like the house to be heated to 67.  I feel nice, warm and comfortable. In the summer if it's 67 degrees in the house I feel hot, sweaty, and stuffy. It doesn't make any sense. It's the same constant temperature so why does my mind/body react differently?
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Because the outside temperature makes the inside temperature feel different. I know there is a more scientific way to explain it with why your internal temperature feels warmer or colder, but I know what you mean. I keep it at 65 in the winter, but I know a lot of people that keep their house at 68 or higher. That would feel really stuffy in the summer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:ab902fea-d0e1-4912-8638-1ba99ea81349">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Thoughts : One time, I got trapped in a car wash. NEITHER garage would open.  Probably one of the most terrifying 5 minutes of my life, no lie.  I sat there trying to figure out what to do, CONVINCED that if I got out of my car to use the little pedestrian exit, the car wash would turn back on and suffocate me in nasty-smelling pink and blue soap foam.

I used to be terrified of drive thru car washes. Now this made me scared of them again, haha. Its ok though because when I do clean my car, I go to one that I have to get out anyway.
  • I wonder why when people do a something accidentally like people are throwing a ball and it accidentally hits you in the head the person says sorry and u say its ok. Its really not ok cause a ball just hit me in the head and now i have a massive headache, i don't get it.
  • Wow to you guys and your cold house temps! We have ours set at 72, pretty much year round. I suppose your body adjusts to it though after awhile.
  • Koda & Musu - it's totally different for me.  In the winter, we keep the heat to around 70 and I'm perfectly comfortable but if I set the AC to 70 in the summer, I'd be freezing.  Of course after you live in Phoenix for a year or two, anything less than 80 requires long sleeves. 
  • How the hell do you people exist at 67? I keep ours at 70-72 and I'm still cold. Wtf.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:6dfcfbb2-6118-4df8-8748-28f5fe53ed07">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder why when people do a something accidentally like people are throwing a ball and it accidentally hits you in the head the person says sorry and u say its ok. Its really not ok cause a ball just hit me in the head and now i have a massive headache, i don't get it.
    Posted by katslack[/QUOTE]

I never say "it's ok" when someone apologizes.  Because it's not.  If it were ok, there would be no need for an apology.

• I keep my house at 65 because I'm cheap as hell and don't want to pay higher bills, lol. In the summer we try to keep it around 70 if we can stand it. I think our house is really well insulated though, because at my parents house(in the same state), 65 degrees feels way colder than it does at my place.
  • I'm the opposite, Koda.  We leave our house around 66 in the winter, but 76-80 in the summer. 66 feels way warm compared to 30* outside, and 76 feels cool compared to 90* outside. ;)
  • We keep our house at 65-66 when we're home and awake, and 62 when we're gone or asleep.  Houses are expensive to heat, yo.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-thoughts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9976c599-abc7-4ece-ad33-dd8c46b56189Post:00d2deed-c1db-4187-97f2-2ae900a2ee34">Re: Random Thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]We keep our house at 65-66 when we're home and awake, and 62 when we're gone or asleep.  Houses are expensive to heat, yo.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

oh yeah. WOOHOO for programmable thermostats. Seriously.  Our house goes down to 58 during the day (62 at night).  In the summer, it goes up to 80 during the day (anymore and the dogs would probably despise us.)
  • I asm also jealous that Steph's cookies are $3.50 and I paid $4 per. I bought 11 boxes and my first thoight was "did I get robbed for an extra 50 cents per box by my coworker?" I'm glad someone else paid the same as me I also love wacky wavy inflatable arm flailing tube man. Our whatever it's called.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My house is super cold right now because the heat is too expensive. It was around 50 this morning in the bedroom, about 62 in the rest of the house. I just turn on a space heater and heater blanket.
  • Who knew COL impacts even Thin Mints!

FWIW, I swear they were $3.75 last year, because I remember the math was a PITA.

Back when I was a girl scout, I remember when they upped the price to $2.75 from $2.50.  That sucked trying to figure out how much people owed. So much easier when it was 4 boxes/$10.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards