• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Happy Birthday jlq!!

I hope it's a fantastic one!!!

Nothing much going on here.  Work as per usual.  Have great Wednesday everyone!
May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Happy Birthday jlq!!

• Yes happy birthday!

Ps I am not pleased with you two E and jlq. I am reading hopeless and I have cried like three times!!!  I am really glad I didn't read it on the plane but right now I really want to finish it but I am afraid of crying at work!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Happy Birthday, J!

I'm back in the office today. I feel like I was gone a week! And it was only just a long weekend.

We went to Clearwater and Orlando and Orlando was an adventure. Chase was okay in Clearwater, but the game we went to in Orlando was something I don't want to re-live. The stadium was loud and he's not good with loud. We also put sun block on him and had to put it on his face, but he was tired, so he was rubbing his eyes and got the sun block in his eyes and he kept rubbing and made it worse. So we missed most of the game because we were trying to make him better. I got him to sleep, so we went and sat down, but since it was so loud, he didn't sleep long. By the time we got him calmed down and his eyes were better, we saw maybe 3 innings. H wasn't happy because he wanted to see the whole game (he's the one who chose 3rd row seats behind the Phillies dugout without thinking of the ramifications {no shade, 86 degrees}) but I'm just happy we were able to make Chase feel better. I kept telling H to go sit and watch the game and I would stay back with Chase and he kept saying no. So it's his own fault. That was his choice. That irritated me a little bit that he was so stubborn. But other than the game being a disaster, everything else was good. It was nice to get away.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you, ladies!!!! 
    Today is also my grandma's birthday. She called me at like 7 this morning. hahah! I was still asleep and I feel bad that I missed her call.

I have to go back and finish my dental visit today. I think I get my cleaning done. I've never had one of those! 

Aggie - I never once cried during Hopeless!! There was maybe one or two times that I almost did, but never actually did. I'm sorry that it's making you cry. But isn't it good?? 
    Kris - Sorry your trip wasn't as good as you wanted! But like you said, at least you got to get away! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am the biggest cry baby probably ever when it comes to books and movies. I didn't ugly cry or sob just cried a little so far. 

And yes it is good :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Happy Birthday, jlq!

So sorry about the game, kris.  I'm not sure I would have thought about all those issues either when picking tickets.  But hey - you guys won't pick seats there or be better prepared for an afternoon in the sun next time.  Remind your husband it was just pre-season :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_happy-birthday-jlq?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:04520e07-fe11-46b6-814b-e32204312dcaPost:94c33f7b-fa37-4a52-9f49-ae2aa95d191f">Re: Happy Birthday jlq!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday, jlq! So sorry about the game, kris.  I'm not sure I would have thought about all those issues either when picking tickets.  But hey - you guys won't pick seats there or be better prepared for an afternoon in the sun next time.  Remind your husband it was just pre-season :-)
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

I'm okay with missing the game. I was more concerned about Chase and I know H was concerned about him, too. Have you ever seen Fever Pitch? Yeah, that's pretty much my life. :) I didn't know he bought those tickets until after and the first thing I said was "no shade?" but that's what he wanted. The final score was 17-10 Braves and we missed all of the Phillies runs. I tried to tell him we got to see some of the game, but I got a look. lol
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_happy-birthday-jlq?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:04520e07-fe11-46b6-814b-e32204312dcaPost:5f4424e2-07ad-462b-9b94-cf4e999dc359">Re: Happy Birthday jlq!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am the biggest cry baby probably ever when it comes to books and movies. I didn't ugly cry or sob just cried a little so far.  And yes it is good :-)
    Posted by aggiebug[/QUOTE]

But it's soooo good!  I, too, didn't cry which was surprising.  I cry at EVERYTHING but for some reason not this one (although I did tear up once or twice).

I'm amazed at your self control though.  Once I got to the "big reveal", I had to keep going and didn't stop until I finished.  I think I fell asleep at like 1:30 that night because I just had to know how it finished.

Kris - sorry about the game :(
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Ooooh Aggie!  How'd monster dog do at the new house?  Did he like it?
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Jlq I just caught you are having your teeth cleaned today. Happy birthday to you! :-P

E, monster was so funny last night. He was tearing through the house being playful. But he wouldn't lay down until we brought his bed in. Once he had his bed in he was home. Too cute. 
    Fred Rogers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_happy-birthday-jlq?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:04520e07-fe11-46b6-814b-e32204312dcaPost:aa5c4f1f-be01-46b0-a21d-389be000c6f9">Re: Happy Birthday jlq!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jlq I just caught you are having your teeth cleaned today. Happy birthday to you! :-P E, monster was so funny last night. <strong>He was tearing through the house being playful. But he wouldn't lay down until we brought his bed in. Once he had his bed in he was home. Too cute. 
    </strong>Posted by aggiebug[/QUOTE]

Adorbs.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Aggie - That's too funny about monster dog! He had to explore his new home. 

I don't understand why people like having their teeth cleaned. It hurt! I was bleeding and my mouth was so sore after! Also, we didn't even fully finish so I have to go back again. He only got the calc scrapped off my top teeth.  He said it wouldn't be so bad, except I don't floss and haven't been to the dentist since I was a kid and I've never had my teeth cleaned. 
    I got shown how to properly brush (I was brushing good, just not quite the way you should) and shown how to floss. I have to use a flossing aide, because I couldn't get the hang of it with the floss around my finger. hahahahha!!! But I got a bag of goodies, so there's that! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Boo jlq! I am sorry it hurt. I have had it hurt a few times it really depends on who does it AND a lot depends on how frequently you go.  That being said, I don't know too many people that enjoy it- it's just better than cavities or the thought of dentures. 
    Fred Rogers
  • LaBellaVita23LaBellaVita23 member
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_happy-birthday-jlq?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:04520e07-fe11-46b6-814b-e32204312dcaPost:980d89e7-a07a-450c-8a62-831668d9bf08">Re: Happy Birthday jlq!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boo jlq! I am sorry it hurt. I have had it hurt a few times it really depends on who does it AND a lot depends on how frequently you go. <strong> That being said, I don't know too many people that enjoy it- it's just better than cavities or the thought of dentures. </strong>
    Posted by aggiebug[/QUOTE]
    This.  I was at the dentist last week and I bled and my mouth was super sore too so don't feel bad :)

My much older coworker told me she hadn't been to the dentist since she was in her early 20s (she's not in her 70s) and yikes.  That's reason enough for me to go. 

Also the ironic part?  She's British with bad teeth.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_happy-birthday-jlq?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:04520e07-fe11-46b6-814b-e32204312dcaPost:dffc50d1-16b4-4995-af6f-8af19f745a78">Re: Happy Birthday jlq!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Birthday jlq!! : This.  I was at the dentist last week and I bled and my mouth was super sore too so don't feel bad :) My much older coworker told me she hadn't been to the dentist since she was in her early 20s (she's not in her 70s) and yikes.  That's reason enough for me to go.<strong>  Also the ironic part?  She's British with bad teeth.</strong>
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]
    Hahahah!!!! That's funny.<div>
    </div><div>Ya, I don't want to end up with dentures. My friend pretty much scared me into flossing. Really I don't take bad care of my teeth, but the whole not going to the dentist thing is what killed them. So hopefully after I get some stuff taken care of (caveties. boo) and start flossing regularly I'll be out of the danger zone! </div>
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards