Not Engaged Yet

Follow-up

Well. That was fucking terrible. The procedure itself hurt worse than the colposcopy/biopsy. After it was over I felt fine though. No pain, no cramping, nothing. What a fake out that was. I sat up & felt a little bit light headed so my doctor told me to lay back & the nurse would check on me in a few. Within minutes the pain was like a 10. I started feeling like my body was burning up & I started to black out. The nurse came in, I told her what was happening & she said I was bright red. She got me water. It started to pass so we tried to get me to sit up again. Within minutes I started sweating profusely EVERYWHERE and started to black out again. For the next hour I had to be tilted up slowly every few minutes until I was finally able to sit up ln my own. I'm finally on my way home & I'm in so much pain :( We missed our reservation at the steakhouse and I have no appetite anyways. I always have an appetite. ETA: Oh and no sex until after my follow up appointment which isn't for a month. Sigh.

Re: Follow-up

• SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    I must have missed your previous post.  What did you have done?

ETA:  I'm really sorry you're in so much pain.  Did they give you a Rx to get filled?
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Oh, honey. :( I am so sorry that you're in pain. I wish I could make it better for you. Is there anything you're allowed to take to help?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• SKP: I had to have a cryo to freeze the precancerous cells on my cervix. Desert: I took 3 extra strength Tylenol before my appointment at around 5:30. Do you think it's too soon for me to take more? I don't usually take Tylenol but wanted to avoid Advil in case there was bleeding.

• Can you call the doctor's office to see what they recommend you take?

• They've left for the night :( It's just about 9pm here. I guess I'll stick to the Tylenol for tonight. I'll stick it out until I get home and take more then.

• Boooooo. :(

I vote you stay home from work tomorrow and put in some quality couch surfing time watching girly movies and eating chocolate. You deserve some spoiling.

Hope you're able to sleep tonight and feel miles better in the morning. <3

• Tags: I have no clue. I'm terrible, the only things I asked beforehand was what to expect pain-wise & what I shouldn't do & for how long haha He tried to explain why this happened but I was half-zoned put trying not to vomit and pass out. He said it's normal for some women to experience all of this.

• You shouldn't really exceed 3 gram (3000 mg) of Tylenol in a 24 hour period. You could take more Tylenol later tonight, I'd wait until 6 hours have passed though.

Is there an on call doctor? If you're in that much pain you should get more than plain Tylenol.
  • Oh, no! I'm sorry it sucked so much. I'm glad it's behind you, though, and I'm really hoping you never have to go through this again. Ditto Desert. Take a day to pamper yourself.
  • Ugh. Up above where it says Tags it should say Yaga LOL. Thanks so much Desert!

• There is the chance that I'm being a giant baby regarding the pain. I don't get a period so I don't get cramps so I'm not used to pain there to begin with. What I'm feeling probably wouldn't be the worst pain ever for someone who's used to having cramps.

• I'm so sorry you had that experience, lots of hugs and I hope you feel better soon.

Anniversary

• I'm so sorry, Rdr. That really, really sucks. 

You should take no more than 6 extra strength Tylenol in 24-hours. Tylenol can be awful for your liver. You should be okay with Advil, unless they specifically told you not to take it, and you can take up to four of the 200mg ones every 6 hours.

I would call them and ask for something stronger to be called in to your pharmacy if the pain isn't better tomorrow morning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_follow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd001467-3bed-4bfe-b439-f081a72156caPost:773d746f-e3b3-46f1-97dc-5f5ec298763e">Re: Follow-up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rdr - when I had mono, I was cleared to take 3 Advil every 8 hours, and whatever the recommended dosage of Tylenol was at the half-way point.  So 4 hours after taking Advil, I'd take Tylenol.  I wouldn't take more Tylenol than what's on the bottle.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

When I had mono, they gave me Demerol. 

RDR - I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy and you can't have sexytime for a month.  :(  *hugs*

If you're having cramps, those ThermaCare heat wraps for your abdomen are awesome.  Or you could probably use a heating pad.

I hope you feel better soon and agree with Desert that you should not go into work tomorrow.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Rdr is that a normal reaction? I'm sorry it was so painful :( I wish we had a NEY pillowcase and for you!
    5/27/12
  • You're my hero - I can't even get a pap smear without having a panic attack. I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy and can't have sexytime for 3 weeks.

I second desert's advice to stay home and rest/pamper yourself for the day. You definitely deserve it.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Thanks ladies! I took 2 Tylenol (as per my mom's advice just in case I do have bleeding). Hopefully that helps. I wish I could stay home tomorrow but it's not really an option. I WILL be wearing sweatpants to work though :) FI just made me some toast so I'm not take meds on an empty stomach & then I'm going to sleep. Thank you all again so much !

• Icky! Hope you sleep well and wake up in the morning feeling a billion times better!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • I'm so sorry!! feel better ASAP. :)
  • I hope sleep helps! I'm really sorry you're feeling so crummy. Definitely give them a call if you're still feeling this bad in the morning.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • I hope you feel a bit better today, rdr; sorry it hurt so much and that you had such a bad reaction.
  • Hi guys, I'm feeling much better than I did last night.  Still some pain but not as bad thankfully! 

TMI ALERT. 

So there's this clear liquid discharge that he said to expect for about 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS!  I had a large pad on last night & slept on top of a towel & woke up feeling like I peed the damn bed.  After I showered I put on 3 panty liners & leaked through them before I even left for work.  On my way to the office I had to stop & by super duper large overnight pads to wear all day/night.  I feel like I'm wearing a freakin diaper!  Hopefully this doesn't last.  Hopefully it goes away like... today. LOL I'm a mess!

• :( Feel better. Is it possible to take a day or two off...at least until the discharge calms down?
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_follow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd001467-3bed-4bfe-b439-f081a72156caPost:9cd059c6-fd82-44cd-91b3-777e062af68f">Re: Follow-up</a>:
    [QUOTE]:( Feel better. Is it possible to take a day or two off...at least until the discharge calms down?
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

<div>I mean technically, yes I could take off work.  My boss would understand.  But I was just off for a week less than a month ago & I was out on Tuesday for jury duty.  I really just sit at my desk all day so it's not like my job is demanding, KWIM?  If I was really still in a lot of pain I would probably have called him this morning & he would have been fine with it. I just really try not to call out unless I'm really, really sick or it's a real emergency. </div><div>
    </div><div>And thank you :)</div>

• That sucks, hope you feel better soon *hugs*

My best friend went through the same procedure last year. She's a pretty tough chick but it really knocked her out. I remember her taking a LOT of advil. Anyway, I'm glad the worst is over for you, now just try to rest up and take it easy!
  • Oh RDR that all sounds aweful. Hopefully this is the last time you have to go through with it.

• Aww, sorry that you are in pain. Hope you are able to stay home today. When I had mine done I remember my legs shaking so bad that I couldn't walk. It's amazing how everyone's reactions are so different to the same procedure.

Feel better soon!
  • Ugh Rdr that sucks :( I'm glad you feel better today though. But damn, that leaky vagina nonsense is no good. You deserve some kind of massive treat today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_follow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd001467-3bed-4bfe-b439-f081a72156caPost:0e3f9d6d-52f1-4724-8956-c4de2b445d81">Re: Follow-up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh Rdr that sucks :( I'm glad you feel better today though. <strong>But damn, that leaky vagina nonsense is no good.</strong> You deserve some kind of massive treat today.
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

<div>Hahahahahaha thank you for making me laugh through all of this. My personal favorite was your reply to my FB status last night :) </div><div>
    </div>

• Glad you are feeling a little better today, but hopefully that'll be a one time deal and you'll have normal paps from now on. 

I would maybe see if you could just work a half day today, I'm sure your work will understand that you aren't just trying to play hooky.  H will be taking almost 2 weeks off in March.  We are going to Hawaii for a week, and now H just found out that he needs surgery on his shoulder, so he'll have to take another few days off shortly after we get back for that.  The timing sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do, ya know?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards