North Carolina

Did you pay......

Did you all pay for each bridesmaid to get their hair done??  I was not planning on it, but I have one BM that is offended that I am not.  I have someone coming to the venue to do my hair and my mother's hair, but he cannot possibly do everyone's hair in enough time.  I honestly cannot afford to pay for everyone in the party to get their hair done.  I have recommended somewhere for them to go.

I am footing the bill for nails, makeup, food the night before and all meals the day of the wedding, and providing a place to stay for the night before the wedding.  Isn't that enough?

Re: Did you pay......

• ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you requiring them to get their hair done? if you are, then yes you should pay. if it's optional, then it's her choice whether or not to get it done and pay for it.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Uhh yeah!! I think you're being MORE than generous. Im not sure how you should approach it, but I think you've taken care of more than your fair share for the girls and she should be more appreciative.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and i agree, you're already paying for enough for them!!
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I think you're doing PLENTY for them. But, if you're requiring them to get their hair done professionally, then I think you should pay for it. If I were you, I would make it optional and then they can pay for it if they want it....or they can just do their hair themselves.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • edited December 2011
    i think you are doing way more than enough....mine are coming four hours away and i have not offered upfront to pay for their place. however, if you are requiring it, then you probably should at least help out.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are requiring it, you should offer to pay.  If you're not requiring it, then you shouldn't be expected to subsidize her choice.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_did-pay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:e97048fc-f2d1-415a-8edf-f4b97434e3afPost:ea89c1ea-f8e7-45c6-bd36-c900115e3c90">Re: Did you pay......</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are requiring it, you should offer to pay.  If you're not requiring it, then you shouldn't be expected to subsidize her choice.
    Posted by shigaites[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. 2 of my 3 bridesmaid's had their hair done & they paid for it. I would have been perfectly happy if they'd just worn their hair the way they usually wear it, but they wanted to get updos so they paid for them. The 3rd girl did her own hair & it looked great.
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. If you're requiring it, you should offer to pay for it. If you're making it optional you're doing MORE than enough. 
  • LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope- I am not requiring it.  I even told them that the guy doing my hair will help them pin and spray if needed, but he didn't have time to fully do everyone's hair.  I also gave them a list of places near the venue that they could get their hair done at if they wanted it done professionally. 

Thanks girls!
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed all around.  However, if you are still feeling guilty, you can hire someone from the beauty schools to come and do their hair.  He/she would probably be a lot cheaper, and they are always looking for ways to make some side cash to get through school.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I told my girls I would really like/prefer it if they got their hair professionally done. I think they all pretty much expected it, being in a wedding and all. I told them I didnt care if they got their nails or makeup done, i told them to just wear whatever black strappy shoes they had, the BM dress was very reasonably priced (well they all thought so, anyway, around $80), so I tried my very best to keep all their expenses down. My one out-of-town bridesmaid stayed with my MOH so she didnt have lodging expenses. Overall, I felt ok saying I preferred them getting professional styles because I really tried making everything cheap in other areas. I also subsidized the amount for them to get their hair done, to bring it down to a level they were comfy with. It all worked out nicely, but I can TOTALLY understand how sticky of a situation it can be.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like you are doing enough as it is to me.  I would think that people would WANT to look the best they could since they are right there in front of everyone with all eyes on them!  I know if I was a bridesmaid, I would WANT to get my hair done and wouldn't be expecting the bride to pay for it!  But, you shouldn't feel obligated to do anymore than you already are!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I agree with Katherine.....I'm saving my girls a fortune on BMs dresses which are only $115 each, I don't care what shoes they wear, pretty much all their meals are covered the day of and day before, and I have accomidations for them, and as for hair I lucked out and one of my BMs is a hair stylist so she's doing all the BMs hair.

• rgeddyrgeddy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not make making my bridesmaids get their hair done professionally.  I'll pay for us to get our nails done, dinner before, jewlery & food probably in the morning of. 

I'll probably have a sister/guest of my MOH to help fix anyone's who needs hair/make up help.  It does depend on your venue on updoes or not.  Mine is outside June in the south - I'm going to recommend an updo or pulling it back just because of the heat & HUMIDITY!  I'm not worried - there's always photoshop! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards