New York-Upstate

Venue ideas?

I am looking for an outdoor wedding venue near Salem, Cambridge, Greenwich NY.  I would like to just rent the grounds and bring in caterers etc... I don't really want a park.  We want, what I can't describe as anything but, country elegant.  We are doing  a cocktail reception (heavy hor d'oeruves (sp?), open bar and a kick butt dessert table)  We are looking at July or August of 2013.  If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them!  I hope this is the correct board!  Thanks.
Visit The Nest!

Re: Venue ideas?

• I don't know if a barn/farm wedding is your thing, but if it is there are some spots in your area! thebarnjournal.org is a good resource. More info that might help: http://www.bluecollarbride.com/barn-weddings/
  • Thanks so much for the idea!!! I love the idea of a wedding on a farm. We have friends who have friends (you know how that goes...) who own a "farm" and might be willing to let us use it.  We shall see.  That website you listed is great btw.  Also I am so sorry that it took me so long to get back to you I just haven't checked my posts lately.  Thanks again!
    Visit The Nest!
  • I know a husband-wife couple that have gorgeous property in Cambridge and they are building a rustic barn to hold weddings.  I've been to their property a few years ago to pick blueberries and it is so quiet and beautiful there.  They were in the planning stage of holding weddings on their land at that time.  You can check out their website at:
  • Thanks J Cassant!!!  I will definitely check that out!
    Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards