California-San Diego

Floating Flowers - Centerpieces

Any bride doing something similar? I'm looking to do this and just trying to find the cheapest option. So if anyone has ideas of where to look, please let me know. I know Dollar Tree has one of my three sizes (3" x 7" approx).

Or if anyone just had a wedding and wants to sell me their vases, let me know! Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Floating Flowers - Centerpieces

• pinkie798pinkie798 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing something kind of similar to that. Here is a link to something close to how I want my centerpieces to look (the orchid ones submerged in water):

http://floraldesignsbydara.com/services/centerpieces

The florist I am using is Tessilk Flower in Chula Vista. They are incredibly cheap compared to a lot of places I've looked and their service is phenomenal. They're super open to giving tips and ideas of how you can save money. Tess is the florist who runs the shop (she is really nice and very knowledgeable) and Shantel is the one who handles all of the quotes. I can't say enough good things about them and I highly recommend them. Hope I helped:)
  • AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pinkie--I'm using tessilk, too!  I love Tess, she is SO helpful!  I am also doing this (not floating, but submerged orchids) for half of our tables, but I am DIYing.  Tessilk was charging $75/centerpiece which is cheaper than the other florist a checked with, but I can make them myself for around $20-25 each. 

I'm getting married in July, and will probably have these settings for 5-7 tables if you're interested!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • wcasarwcasar member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Pinkie for her information.

AllyG - Where are you getting the supplies at to make them yourself?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I saw the cylinders at Joanns, so probably there.  Afloral has silk orchids

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • wcasarwcasar member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joann's ALWAYS has coupons floating around too so make sure you grab one before you go :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards