Utah

Wedding Venue.

Hi! I have been on this board once or twice before. I live in RI, but I am planning on having a small reception for those that could not make our wedding in Rhode Island-- it would likely be in the Spring.

I am looking for an inexpensive venue (around 1000 to rent)
a good caterer (where I can do passed apps at around 2,000)
or a place that includes the food

that has beautiful views (since it will be my family's first experience in Utah). is close to Salt Lake area, and has an indoor and outdoor space.

Any suggestions? I dont have ANY idea where tings are located either, so if you can give me a basic "20 mins from Salt lake"... if it helps my fiances family lives in the Clinton area.
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Wedding Venue.

• shauntae930shauntae930 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    about how many people are you inviting? That will help me help you out more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But there is a gorgeous place called The Castle in Layton which is 15-20 min south of Clinton. They do the catering as well. If you have the reception during the week it is 1500 if its fri or sat its 2400. Check out their website. http://www.thecastleweddings.com/ If it weren't so far away from where most of my family lives I would so be having my wedding there. I think its absolutely gorgeous there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Are you planning it on a week night or on the weekend?  You could get much better deals on a weeknight.  If you do it in March or April you could get Red Butte Gardens which is by the University of Utah and has a beautiful indoor Orangerie for 1,500 and then you can use an outside caterer.  

There is also the Jewish Community Center that is also by the U.  It has views over looking the valley and a patio area.  It rents for 1,350 on weeknights.  

If you are looking at a weekend the there are several venues at the U that at very reasonable rentals. See http://www.universityguesthouse.com/Weddings 

All of these places allow outside caterers so you wouldn't have to worry about meeting spending minimums that you probably would encounter with in-house catering.

There are also a lot of old mansions downtown that are used for receptions, but they don't really have much outdoor space.

Good luck!  I hope you enjoy your first trip to Utah.

• i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry! Should have mentioned the guest count. Prob about 50 people becuase my parents would likely come with me..

Ill be there Christmas week, so I am going to check a few of these places out...

We dont need a huge space,b ut something really pretty would be great.

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But I do recommend Rockwell Catering for your reception. Ethan is great to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards