Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Sundae Bar

Has anyone done a sundae bar?  If so, how did you set it up and organize it?  Does someone scoop the ice cream for the guests?
imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Sundae Bar

• edited December 2011
    I have not, but my advice would be to make sure your venue has some way of keeping the ice cream frozen while it sits out, or you're looking at a huge, sloppy mess. GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't but it seems yummy. I agree with pp talk to someone at your venue and make sure they can accommodate a sundae bar.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely get a server to dish out the ice cream! It's a total disaster when the guests have to do it themselves. I will totally confess to being that guest who got melted ice cream down their dress because I wasn't quick enough with the scoop.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the girls-- you need to discuss this thorougly with your venue. I'd definitely hire a server to scoop for your guests!

Fun idea!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If it's possible, have your wait staff dish up the ice cream and keep the dishes in the fridge.  That way it is nice and frozen and no messy scooping.  If you can't do that, at least have wait staff do the scooping.  It will be messy and you could end up with a guest like my DH who thinks ice cream is the tiniest notch under Heaven and would be trying to heap his bowl.
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Have a person at the venue serve the ice cream. Then your guests can choose which toppings they would like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards