Georgia-Savannah

Rehearsal dinner options?

I'm looking for a place to hold a rehearsal dinner.  The thing is, this is a destination wedding and there will be a group of about 50.  It definitely needs to be family friendly, and something that won't break the bank.  Most of our guests have never been to Savannah so I'd like to showcase what the South has to offer, but I'd also like a laid back experience because our wedding is pretty informal.  Any suggestions?

I'd like to stay away from pizza places because we're from Chicago and kind of spoiled when it comes to pizza. lol  We LOVE Spanky's but I don't know if they can handle a group that size.  Any other ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: Rehearsal dinner options?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_rehearsal-dinner-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:e16eb050-8d1a-44a0-93d2-788d992253d1Post:8e283a2f-da85-44bd-a0f5-61454fba32f4">Rehearsal dinner options?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for a place to hold a rehearsal dinner.  The thing is, this is a destination wedding and there will be a group of about 50.  It definitely needs to be family friendly, and something that won't break the bank.  Most of our guests have never been to Savannah so I'd like to showcase what the South has to offer, but I'd also like a laid back experience because our wedding is pretty informal.  Any suggestions? I'd like to stay away from pizza places because we're from Chicago and kind of spoiled when it comes to pizza. lol  We LOVE Spanky's but I don't know if they can handle a group that size.  Any other ideas?
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

Ms. Wilkes Dining Room opens up sometimes for dinner for groups
  • Ooooh..... I would LOVE to take everyone to Mrs. Wilkes!  I may have to call and ask about that. 

Kmu, do you mean Moon River Brewery?  That would be way cool, as long as I don't tell everyone that the place is supposed to be haunted.  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Crystal Beer Palace is DELICIOUS! They're doing the catering for my ceremony actually. The restaurant itself is also adorable.
  • Crystal Beer Parlor.  It is very good.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just booked The Pirate House for our rehearsal dinner today, price was good and food is great! We wanted crab shack, but they wouldn't take our reservation due to a huge reunion in town because they only do reservations for their indoor seating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards