Maryland-Baltimore

It's me again :-) Where to go wedding dress shopping help :-)

Hi there,

I need some help! Where are good places to go wedding dress shopping? I live near Annapolis, MD but I would be willing to travel anywhere from VA to NY. I am looking for small wedding shops, because I heard you can order the same dress that you would from an upscale dress shop, for a lot cheaper! I am specifically looking for a Maggie Sottero dress.

Thanks a million :)

Re: It's me again :-) Where to go wedding dress shopping help :-)

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Bridals by Elena in Severna Park. I know they have Maggie Sotterro dresses. I bought an Essence dress from them during a trunk sale and I'm taking my bridesmaids there this weekend to look at dresses. They offered us a 15% discount if the bridesmaids get their dresses there too.

They had altered my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding when it was about 12 sizes too big. My mother and sister ordered it for me out of state, it was a disaster, and they did an excellent job helping me out.
  • edited December 2011
    I ditto pp about bridals by elena - they do fantastic work and are super friendly and helpful.  I purchased my Maggie dress from Gamberdella's in Towson.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got her dress at Lex Bridal Designs in Annapolis.  Lex was so nice!  We also bought our BM dresses there for her wedding.

http://www.lexbridaldesigns.com/about.asp

• edited December 2011
    I almost bought a dress from Annapolis Formal in Edgewater. It's is a small, family-owned shop with lots of dresses less than $1000 (I was a big fan of the Wtoo line)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_its-again-wedding-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:a8778fc4-a10e-4553-a92c-3e9800032c70Post:bc8a2981-0d45-413c-85ab-8eb2f352a23b">Re: It's me again :-) Where to go wedding dress shopping help :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Juliet's in Parkville. They have a HUGE selection of Maggie Sottero dresses. And they're also listed as a vendor on here. I didn't know it until I pulled up and there was this blue sign in the window saying something like "2009 Knot Best Pick".
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

This.  I bought my dress from Juliet's, and it's a Maggie :)  It was very affordable.  I can't speak to alterations, since I haven't had mine done yet, but I haven't heard anything bad about their alterations.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Kimbrout on Bridals by Elena and Gamberdella's.  BFF got her dress at Elena's, and I got my dress at Gamberdella's.  Neither were Maggies, but we both had great experiences. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • jflaniganjflanigan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Juliet's. I didn't buy my dress there, but it wasn't their fault. The dress I fell in love with ended up being a line they didn't carry. They have tons of Maggies and they were nothing but wonderful with me. I recommend working with Judy if you have the option!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

where in Parkville is Juliets?

• blisphordingblisphording member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a Maggie dress from Francesca's on Bel Air road... very helpful and nice people!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards