Nebraska-Omaha

Where did you get your gown?

Hey everyone, so I am beginning to look at dresses and I am wondering where in Omaha would be a good place to look. I looked at David's Bridal a little bit but I have heard some bad stories about customer service and the dresses seem a little bit over priced. My mom suggested the bridal outlet in Wahoo, has anyone been there? I go to school in Wayne Nebraska and so a couple people have suggested I look in Norfolk which is only half an hour away, but I don't know if I want to have to drive here next summer to pick up my dress, but I will be here again for school so it really wouldn't be to bad, plus that is where my fiance is from.  I know they have a place where they do free alterations if you get your dress from them which would be nice. Just looking for other ideas. Thanks!!

Re: Where did you get your gown?

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard the same things about David's Bridal and didn't even bother looking.  I looked at the outlet in Wahoo, outlet in Lincoln, Suburban Bridal, and Bridal Traditions.  I found my second choice (a Mori Lee) at the outlet in Lincoln.  The outlet in Wahoo wasn't too bad.  I thought the dresses were traditional and almost seemed dated but the prices were good.  It's worth a look.  The customer service was good.

I did not like Suburban Bridal.  Wasn't a fan of their customer service-too much pressure to buy.

I ended up finding my dress at Bridal Traditions.  I ended up buying it online at netbride.com and saved a couple hundred dollars.  We also did the BM dresses through netbride and saved about 50 dollars each compared to the bridal store.

I did my alterations through Linda Lee in CB and she was great and really reasonably priced.  A lot cheaper than doing it at a bridal store.

Good luck!  Dress shopping was my favorite part!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Black Tie White Satin in Fremont. Since it's in Fremont, it's never that busy, especially during the week. I had the whole store to myself when I was trying on dresses and the ladies were really helpful but knew when to give me my space. They might be busy on the weekends right now because it's prom season, but their prom dresses are on a different level than bridal so that is nice. Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I personally had a horrible experience with Davids Bridal. I went to White Tie Black Satin in Fremont and loved them. But I ordered my gown from Bridal Traditions in omaha because my wedding is in December and if we have a storm I don't wanna worry about getting my dress in Fremont!
    Philip && Tinya 12.11.10
  • edited December 2011
    I also got my dress from Black Tie White Satin in Fremont. I'm from there, my sisters worked there in high school, and it's locally owned. I have had nothing but awesome assistance every time I've been in. If you wanted more one on one attention, you can call ahead of time and make an appointment. The ladies that work there are really terrific, and are extremely helpful. They carry a wide selection (Maggie Sottero, Mori Lee, Alfred Angelo, etc.) as well. 

Good luck and happy planning! :o)

• ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Bridal Traditions and Ellynne Bridal (Lincoln).  I found and purchased my dress from Ellynne Bridal.  Nice shop, nice people, gorgeous dresses :)
  • gina_astagina_asta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from the Bridal outlet in Wahoo.  I had a great experience and my dress came in the time quoted.  I found an awesome seamstress in Omaha.  I got a great dress and a great price.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress in Wahoo. The ladies were really helpful and the price was right. I absolutely love it. I suggested Wahoo to both my brother's fiance and my friend who is getting married in 2011 and they both bought their dresses there too. Great experience. I never even looked anywhere else because I fell in love with my dress right there.
  • shandianeshandiane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from J'Marie's Bridal in Lincoln (48th and Normal).  They carry Alfred Angelo exclusively, but were really helpful and had pretty dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    I found the dress I want at J'Marie's in Lincoln, however I ordered it from Madonna's in Norfolk.  My fiance is from Verdigre, so we drive through Norfolk often, so it hasn't been a hassle to drive to Norfolk for appointments for the dress.  One main reason why I purchased at Madonna's rather than J'Maries:  my dress was quoted at J'Maries for $1299 (before taxes and alterations).  Madonna's quoted me at $758, tax came to $812.50, and alterations are free.  Saving more than $500 has totally made up for the gas to go back & forth. 
    Lesley and Casey I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife. ~Author Unknown
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't chosen a dress yet but I looked at all three stores in Norfolk. Two out of the three of them are OK. Madonna's has the largest selection of bridal gowns. Two out of three of them carry Maggie Sottero. Bridesmaids dresses are cheaper at David's though. I bet it would only take you a couple of hours at most to look at all three stores. I used to go to college in Norfolk btw.
  • kmg977kmg977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a mightmare with Suburban bridal.  They are SOOO rude, rude to the point one of the consultent's who I am sure is either a manager, or owner has made me cry....twice actually! They are super sweet until you make the sale then, so rude! They have beautiful dresses, but it's just not worth it.  Don't be fooled by their smiles because all they want is their money!!! Good Luck, I have heard great things about J Maries and Ellyne's bridal in Lincoln....sounds to me like taking a drive to lincoln is worth the money!  : )
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Suburban Bridal to get a bridesmaids dress for a friends wedding, and I thought they were extremely rude as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards