Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Menu Options

Hello! First post on this board- FI and I are trying to figure out what menu options to provide and how many. We are thinking 2 or 3 options and we have narrowed it down to chicken pomodoro, beef tenderloin, tilapia, or a vegetable napoleon. We only know of 1 vegetarian who will eat fish so we're thinking of pick either the tilapia or the vegatable dish but can't decide between beef and chicken. So many choices!

THanks for any suggestions you all have :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Menu Options

• I would do beef, chicken and veggie.

I'm not a vegetarian, but sometimes I order the veggie option because it sounds so delicious!

I would highly suggest you do a tasting before choosing, if you haven't already.
  • edited September 2012
    Without knowing more, I'd do beef, veggie and chicken. Try everything first though!
  • What tastes the best?  I would have the vegetarian option in case there is anyone that has recently changed their eating habits, or in case someone's date is vegetarian, which you might not realize if you don't know them that well.  I also think having the veg option gives you a little more flexibility--if you wanted to do beef, fish, and veggie, a guest that didn't like seafood or beef could have the veggie. 
  • I also vote beef, chicken, and veggie.  That should cover all your eaters :)
  • I vote beef, fish and veggie. 

I know a lot of people who don't eat beef or chicken, but like fish.   People who dislike beef and fish will order the veggie.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate your suggestions!! We are going to do our tasting Oct 5 so we're going to try them all, I think we'll probably end up with beef, chicken, and veggie unless the tilapia is really good and then I'll have to rethink it! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards