Texas-San Antonio

Vendor Reviews

Hello, ladies!  I recently moved to Virginia, but I lived in SA and got married there last Spring. I thought I would share some vendor reviews. 

Dress: David's Bridal on 410. They were very friendly and helpful, and I had a great experience. 

Alterations: Sew Chic on Broadway. I waited to start the alterations process until the last minute, and they managed to fit me in and get it all done. They were extremely professional and affordable. If I still lived there, I would be going back with regular clothes for alterations!

Venue/Catering:Canyon Springs Golf Club. I can't say enough good things about this place. From the moment I booked the appointment to see it until the moment I left the facility a married woman, the staff there was wonderful and professional. Their prices are reasonable, and the food was to die for. They have several locations on site to have the ceremony and reception. We chose the waterfall for the ceremony and the clubhouse for the reception, which was a perfect size for our 70 guests. 

Flowers: Eden's Echo. From the moment we met, Erin and I clicked. She seemed to "get" me and my vision perfectly, and she was worth the price! She also showed me the right way to hold my bouquet while I was walking down the aisle. 

Music: Monte Vista Strings and Jazz. We hired a string trio for the ceremony and reception. It was misting right before the ceremony and let up during and immediately following, but they didn't think they were going to play b/c they couldn't have the instruments out even in a little rain. But Andrew is such a professional! He sat in a golf cart and played our music with JUST a violin, and it was still good enough that our guests recognized the songs, including Throne Room from Star Wars. Just one violin! It was incredible. At the reception, they played the song I walked down the aisle to when I walked in the room with all 3 pieces for me, which I really appreciated. For the duration of the reception, they played a mix of fun, modern songs and classical ones, and my guests thought it was fantastic. It was a little pricey, but well worth it!

Photography: Goen South.  Fantastic! Our photographer was professional and accommodating, constantly asking me if there was anyone I wanted pictures with, etc. Because of the mist, I didn't wear my shoes b/c I feared they would just sink in the grass and my feet got incredibly dirty/grassy. Terry turned those feet and the FILTHY bottom of my dress into some really artistic shots. I loved the results!  It was a little more than I wanted to spend on pictures, but they were definitely comparable to the other places I priced. 

Cake: Gigis Cupcakes on 1604. Delicious!  We did a small cake for cutting and then had cupcakes for our guests. They are reasonably priced and have lots of flavors to choose from. They also are very accommodating if you want to make any changes to the decorations or the icing. 

Happy planning, everyone!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: Vendor Reviews

• good info
    did you do a video photographer?

• I'm getting married there in February and I am so glad to hear everything went well. It almost seems to good to be true! What did you choose to serve?
  • Sorry, ladies!  I forgot to come back and check on this!

We didn't do a video. 

We had the salmon and chicken cordon bleu with rice pilaf and green beans almondine. We did a morning ceremony and then lunch for the reception, so the only alcohol we had was mimosas and wine for a toast. We provided appetizers for the guests while we took pictures, and we did stuffed mushrooms, shrimp with some kind of lime tequila sauce and swedish meatballs. 

Jenny, you will not be disappointed!  The whole staff and my whole experience there was just top drawer!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  •  We are doing the same plan, morning ceremony followed by lunch. We had a tasting and the food is amazing! Thanks for the idea. Ive been debating what to do about alcohol since it is early in the day. I am so excited and Brenda @ Canyon Springs has made it a lot less stressful!
  • Yeah, we were also going to serve Bloody Mary's, but we decided the wine and mimosas were enough. One of the reasons we chose a daytime ceremony was to avoid needing much alcohol, but we thought a little something would be nice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards