Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Opinion please...

I finally have my bridal party narrowed down to 6 girls, but there are still two girls I would really like to have involved in some way so I was just thinking about having two personal attendents- do you think that is ok or weird? We already have readers for the ceremony, and I guess I am not sure what else I could have them do....Thanks!

Re: Opinion please...

• edited December 2011
    I have three!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could have them be ushers, but I don't think it's weird to have two PAs.  I did.  One helped me more pre-ceremony and the other more post-ceremony (that also allowed each to really just be a guest for half of the wedding).
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having two, so I think it would be fine!
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I would have had 2 PA's.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having 2. Neither are from the area but have spent a lot of time there but one is more comfortable with the area then the other. Thus why I came up with 2.
    They are just going to be hanging out with me while I get ready, run get the subs/lunch tray and run to get anything i forget haha. I am also hoping they can take some pictures while I get ready because I can't afford to have the photographer for any longer haha
    Oh they are also going to grab the guestbook, and church decorations for the reception.

• edited December 2011
    I'm having two as well. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 PAs would be nice.  You could have the late-shift gal be in charge of periodically taking the gifts/cards to a safe place, taking the guest book & any displays after the wedding, etc.  I think I might ask a pair of aunts to do this, hope they say yes!
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also having 2 personal attendants.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of PAs at all. It's not a very prestigious role for those who you care about. I'd have them be ushers or readers or soloists if they have musical talent.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    The wedding I was at last weekend had 2 PAs. All of her bridesmaids were in state and she wanted to include her friend from CA and her friend from Australia and it was really the perfect role for them.
  • edited December 2011
    I wish I had a PA, but if I've got it in the budget, I'll get a DOC instead.  I don't know, maybe one of the BMs can run a few minor errands, but I'm the kind of person who'd rather do it themself.

Personally, though, I don't see how it's an honor to be the bride's lackey for the day unless they're really into details/logistics.  If I were them, I'd rather be a guest with maybe a corsage.
  • mlschn06mlschn06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I was not really thinking about making them do anything for me, just want them to feel like they are part of the wedding party and spend time with me and the bridesmaids that day! I definitely appreciate the opinions though and think I feel much more comfortable now knowing that people sometimes have more than 1!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_opinion-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:02be8720-d510-45b6-9a3c-81079fc559b1Post:4d81cf11-511b-4c21-9ad7-517a622401ef">Re: Opinion please...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I had a PA, but if I've got it in the budget, I'll get a DOC instead.  I don't know, maybe one of the BMs can run a few minor errands, but I'm the kind of person who'd rather do it themself. Personally, though, I don't see how it's an honor to be the bride's lackey for the day unless they're really into details/logistics.  If I were them, I'd rather be a guest with maybe a corsage.
    Posted by I Want Cake[/QUOTE]

I disagree, depending on what you have them do. I'm having my neice be my PA, but she won't at all be my "lackey". I have hired a DOC to be in charge of taking care of all of that kind of stuff. My PA will just spend the day with the bridal party, make sure my make-up is intact, sit in the front row, and support me along with the other honorary titles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards